Menu
Madpanda
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

deleting the deleted

hi.I am wondering if you can deleted the deleted programmes  on the tivo box in one go or do you have to sit and do them one by one? please help. thanks 

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: deleting the deleted

Madpanda wrote:

hi.I am wondering if you can deleted the deleted programmes  on the tivo box in one go or do you have to sit and do them one by one? please help. thanks 

Why bother, the contents of the deleted folder will be deleted automatically whenever space is required.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
Madpanda
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Just didn't know why the box was running so slow and just thought that maybe if we deleted what has already been deleted it would do the trick
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Madpanda wrote:
Just didn't know why the box was running so slow and just thought that maybe if we deleted what has already been deleted it would do the trick

Have you asked VM to check your box/signal?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

There are some who advocate deleting all thumbs to speed up the TiVo. I've not tried it myself.

0 Kudos
Madpanda
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

When box crashed not so long ago they said they had checked it and all was well. This slowness has been happening for a while so it's not the crash that caused it. Will just have to get back onto them I guess.
0 Kudos
Madpanda
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ernie_c I will try that too. I will try anything atm lol
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Madpanda,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I would like to help check this out for you and find out why things are running slowly if that's ok?  I have carried out some initial checks with the box remotely and all does look fine form here.

Network wise all looks great too so I'm pleased to say all is fine there as well currently.  I'd like to know more about what is running slow if that's ok?  Can you get back to me with the following information:

* What is running slowly? Apps, Menu navigation, changing channels, ordering On Demand.

* Does it happen all the time, or do you find it happens more or less at certain times of the day?

* Does a reboot improve things (Even if it's only temporary)

If you can let me know I can help further.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Madpanda
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

hi Collette-T

i had to deleted the deleted one by one and there was 200+ of them Smiley Indifferent. it happens all the time and not at particular times of day. its when we go thru menu navigation like changing to recorded and then back to tv or going onto catch up and back onto tv now and then when changing channels but thats not much of a problem. I did reboot (as advised by someone else) and it made a slight improvement but that was only temporary, a few hours that night, then back to been very slow again. now and again it has cut outs (blackouts) for a second while watching any channel. dont know if that was the tv or not altho it is a new one so shouldnt be but hey ya never know Smiley Happy

Hope this answers some of your questions. thanks for getting back to me

mp Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Madpanda,

Thanks for getting back to me with the requested information Smiley Happy  That's been a massive help.

I have had another look at the box remotely just to see if there had been any change since last time and all is still looking great signal wise and on the network side of things.

In regards to the intermittent blackouts, how frequently does this happen?  When it does happen are you still able to use the menu despite there being no picture? 

It may be worth checking the lead that connects the TV to the TiVo® to make sure it's not loose or faulty if all you get is a blank screen.  If this has been checked let me know and I will be happy to arrange for an engineer to call round and check it out for you.

Keep me posted.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos