Menu
angus123
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

compensation?

basically my box of 7 years old stopped working took 3 days to get a new one delivered and nw gotta wait another 4 days for an engineer to sort it out so a week without tv that im paying for must equal compensation? how do i claim , i would try customer service but virgin media customer service have been pretty awful even had one guy hang up on me while i was giving him my account number
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: compensation?

The rules are that you can claim refund for loss of service if it exceeds 24 hours. However, this relates to the service feeding your box & not the box itself. There are no set SLA's for residential customers services (although this is now being considered by OFCOM). You may be able to claim for an unreasonable delay in fixing an issue, but a total of a week for resolution is normal if customer kit fails. This applies to the whole telecoms sector, not just Virgin.

Having said that its always worth a try phoning up for a refund of rental (you can only get additional "compensation" on Business accounts with a fixed SLA) AFTER the fault is fixed.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
angus123
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: compensation?

yeah will definatly b asking not to b chaged for the service during the time when thers wasnt any but as for sugesting that that its about the service and not the box itself well im not responsible for supplying the box virgin are and as the replacement box came in an open package with no remote cancelling if not left satisified is always an option!
0 Kudos