Menu
RMWC
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

catch up failure Andno Virgin answers!

So I enquired why a programme available on regular iPlayer wasn't on Virgin catch up. All I got was a reply congratulating me for rising up some ridiculous ranking sustem for actually having posted a message.. How insulting is that when all you want is reply? Surely subscribers are entitled to proper answers to valid questions. 

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: catch up failure Andno Virgin answers!

I totally agree.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: catch up failure Andno Virgin answers!

RMWC wrote:

So I enquired why a programme available on regular iPlayer wasn't on Virgin catch up. All I got was a reply congratulating me for rising up some ridiculous ranking sustem for actually having posted a message.. How insulting is that when all you want is reply? Surely subscribers are entitled to proper answers to valid questions. 

An automated message generated by Lithium's forum software. Its not sent by Virgin. Unless you have a TiVO, you are not connecting directly to the BBC iPlayer, but to Virgins internal OD servers which drive all the legacy boxes, onto which the programmes have to be individually loaded. Not only does this increase the time it takes to load programmes, but there are capacity restraints (which is why you don't see any HD material on BBC catch-up).

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos