Menu
magictinker14
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

catch up & on demand frequently says "unavailable, please try later"

My catch up & on demand frequently says "unavailable, please try later" for hours.  It has now been saying this for 2 days. The service status says no faults. I pay for XL on demand & frequently can't use it.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: catch up & on demand frequently says "unavailable, please try later"

Hi try the button HOME>HELP&SETTINGS >SETTINGS>NETWORK>CONNECT TO THE VIRGIN MEDIA SERVICE NOW. This will take about 40mins but you can still watch tv while this happens, follow on screen instructions. Best of luck Micky.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You will only have the above option with a TiVO box. With all other boxes customer services will have to look at this issue, which could be down to upstream signal issues (which will cause the "online" indicator to flash on a V+ box), overutilization on your section of cable, or a headend server issue. There should be a fault code displayed on the "unavailable" screen. Make a note of this, as this will also help with diagnostics.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi magictinker14,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting disruption with the On Demand service right now.  I'd like to help check this out for you.

I have taken a look at your box remotely, all looks great signal and power level wise.  Also there is no network high demand issues present which is great news.  How are things looking today?

If you're still getting this error via On Demand, let me know and I can check further.  Also if the error message gives you a number to quote, tell me what this is and this will help me narrow down what the issue is.

Keep me posted, I'm here to help if you need me.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos