Menu
BransonRichard
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

broken up pictures and pixillating on childrens channels

Disney, Disney XD, Disney Junior, CBBC, and CBBC on i-player channels keep on having image problems - heavy pixillation and image breaking up/ splitting so bottom is on top of the screen and vice-versa. We've tried swiching the box off and on but it doesnm't change anything. The problem gets worse on weekends.

Is anyone else having these problems, and what can I do to resolve them?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: broken up pictures and pixillating on childrens channels

Hi BransonRichard,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your getting a pixelated picture on those channels.  I'll be happy to look into this for you.

I have carried out some checks from here and there is indeed a signal fault causing the problem.  I will arrange for an engineer to call round for you.  All the details will be in a private message.  (Look for the envelope icon above)

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like you have got signal issues. You can either ring faults (150 from a Virgin phone, 0345 454 1111 from others) use online chat, or if you are prepared to wait a couple of days, a staff forum team member here can run tests & book an engineer.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi BransonRichard,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your getting a pixelated picture on those channels.  I'll be happy to look into this for you.

I have carried out some checks from here and there is indeed a signal fault causing the problem.  I will arrange for an engineer to call round for you.  All the details will be in a private message.  (Look for the envelope icon above)

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

BransonRichard
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

a nice engineer came round this morning, found the connections in the wall were coroded. He fixed them and replaced the set top box as the tuner had been affected by the corrosion. All good now. Smiley Happy

He did say if we connecft an HDMI cable from box to tv we could get HD quality on the HD channels - however when we did it we don't get anything. It connects alright through the scart though, but not HD. Is there something needed to do to get the transmission through the HDMI cable?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What box do you have?

VHD, V+ or TiVO, as the menu systems are different for switching HD on.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
BransonRichard
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

the engineer gave us a new box but it'll be whatever the standard one is - we don't have any record facility in it. It's black with blue writing in the display if that helps.

0 Kudos