Menu
shez45
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

broken remote. pin help

Hiya. Please can anyone help. My tivo remote is in bits. New one ordered. In the meantime I have stuff recorded that needs the pin putting in. Is there anyway to do this with no remote please?.. Half of the stuff is on before 9pm but still wants the pin. Pretty stupid really. Thankyou in advance
0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: broken remote. pin help

If its a tivo or v6 you could try using the remote in the anywhere app on your phone

shez45
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've just downloaded the app. thankyou but getting the ip address is proving difficult. Sorry.
0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

need to make sure its connected via wifi (the phone that is)... and is your tivo connected to your network.

shez45
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou. I'll give it a try in a while. Really appreciate you're help 😊
0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Probably too late now, but if you have a USB keyboard (wired or wireless) you could try plugging that into the USB port on the TiVo as that may allow you to enter the pin, you can certainly use a keyboard for entering text in searches etc.

shez45
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou. I'm really struggling with this. Tried for hours last night. Still wouldn't accept the ip address. I will have to see if I have one. My son has a pc so I will give him a shout. Thankyou again. Both of you have given me great advice 😊
0 Kudos
shez45
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Pretty annoyed. Just rang virgin re remote. Was told the guy I spoke to hasn't even ordered me one and he has arranged for my equipment to be changed on 19th Feb. I had no idea about the latter !!! Sometimes I feel like banging my head against the wall. Lack of communication isn't in it. Plus I'm really sorry to the one's who gave me answers, I cant get any of them to work. ☹
0 Kudos