Menu
aarokath
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

brand new Samsung v+ box frozen with stop on display

Having had my boxes fitted last week I am very disappointed one box has stopped working. Tried to reboot but always say a stop on the display.  I think I have been given a refurbished box that has failed not a new one. Any ideas? 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: brand new Samsung v+ box frozen with stop on display

I can guarantee 100% you have a refurb box. Samsung stopped manufacturing V+HD boxes 6 years ago. The majority of refurbs are fine, but some come back with reliability issues. Hold the standby button in for 10 seconds on the box (not the remote). If the box still doesn't boot, give faults a call & they will arrange to get it swapped.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I can guarantee 100% you have a refurb box. Samsung stopped manufacturing V+HD boxes 6 years ago. The majority of refurbs are fine, but some come back with reliability issues. Hold the standby button in for 10 seconds on the box (not the remote). If the box still doesn't boot, give faults a call & they will arrange to get it swapped.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hi aarokath

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sorry to learn about the trouble you're experiencing with your V+ box at the moment.

I've been able to locate your account and can see you've been able to give the team a call to report this and action has been arranged to get it resolved. I'm glad to see that and I'd love to hear how it goes.

If you need any assistance moving forward, you know where to find us.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos