Menu
glospurs
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

are we getting sky sports 10 months for year?

are we getting sky sports pre paid deal again this season?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: are we getting sky sports 10 months for year?

Nope, it not offered this year

0 Kudos
glospurs
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

annoying!!! & weve go to pay £3 for BT sport!!!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

glospurs wrote:

The ever growing cost of football

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

glospurs wrote:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even more annoying is that Sky put the cost of Sports up in June despite losing the Champions League.

I think that I will do without Sky Sports this season unless a decent offer comes along. I wonder how many others are thinking the same way.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

frank_gm wrote:

I think that I will do without Sky Sports this season unless a decent offer comes along. I wonder how many others are thinking the same way.

I am getting it for the next 30 days to cover the start of the football season and the end of the GAA.  After that will cancel until Yuletide, and then after 30 more days cancel until the end of the season and get it for another 30 days. So should only cost around £90 for the season.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

arrgee1991 wrote:

frank_gm wrote:

I am getting it for the next 30 days to cover the start of the football season and the end of the GAA.  After that will cancel until Yuletide, and then after 30 more days cancel until the end of the season and get it for another 30 days. So should only cost around £90 for the season.

I recall some people posting last season that they had been called up by VM with short-term half-price offers.  I am hoping that, if the uptake is lower this season, then this might happen again.

For the moment I will live with the various BT offerings. I tended to watch some SS games in the pub last season, particularly the Saturday evening slot, so I can live with this for the moment.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

frank_gm wrote:

I recall some people posting last season that they had been called up by VM with short-term half-price offers.  I am hoping that, if the uptake is lower this season, then this might happen again.

For the moment I will live with the various BT offerings. I tended to watch some SS games in the pub last season, particularly the Saturday evening slot, so I can live with this for the moment.

Before I moved house and subsequently to NTL about 13 years ago, I would have the same phone call with Sky every few months where I would cancel and get the next three to six months half price and sometimes with movies thrown in. Virgin did offer half price sports for the summer, but given all I wanted to watch was one GAA match, I just used a free Now TV Day Pass I had.

BT Sport isn't that good for me for the Premier League as the early Saturday kick off is one of the times that I am unlikely to be able to watch and they had three week gaps without any games at some points, so I didn't have it at all last season.  A bit different this time around with the Champions League which should keep me watching until early December, but if the London clubs do as badly as they did last time around, I will only need it for a month in March time.

I will dip in and out as it suits me this season, the odd month with sky, the odd month with bt and the occasional now tv day pass.

0 Kudos