Menu
blezard007
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

ap52 appearing and can't view channels

my first box works fine and my second box has not been used for a while due to building works but have multi room.

Now when i turn the box on it finds its way through the set up and ends up on error code AP52.  Checked cables and forums and nothing is fixing it

any ideas?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: ap52 appearing and can't view channels

Usually this is an authorisation issue in boxes that have been disconnected for a while. You can either ring customers services to have a "hit" sent to the box, or if prepared to wait, the Forum Team here can do it.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Blezard007, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm sorry to hear that you're getting the error code ap52 on your second set top box.

I've run some testing on the account and can see that your second set top box is showing that it is unable to gain a signal. So I'd have to ask you firstly if you are able to again check the wires, also check the length of the wire, as building work has been done, just to make sure there are no breaks in the cable feeding the set top box. 

The next step would be to book a technician to call out and investigate further for you, I've sent you a private message in order to set the wheels in motion, please look to the top left of this page where you'll see a red envelope icon, click on that and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies once more

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there blezard007, 

Just thought I'd check in with you to see if you've been able to see my private message as I've not had a reply yet. 

If you'd like me to arrange a technician, just let me know. 

Many thanks

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos