Menu
digger81
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

am i going mad

a year ago i had a bad signal to tv. virgin came along and put a new piece of coax from our outside box and he put a booster which looks like a plug with red light on top two small wires coming out to a connector plugged it into mains and screwed them together. now being told they have never had such a booster. i need new one because Cleo ( puppy) chewed wires and i have done a temp fix. now waiting on engineer to come out to see if i'm going mad. does anyone know of a booster like this or have one in their house? i can't unplug it because it takes down my tv and broadband if i do

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: am i going mad

digger81 wrote:

a year ago i had a bad signal to tv. virgin came along and put a new piece of coax from our outside box and he put a booster which looks like a plug with red light on top two small wires coming out to a connector plugged it into mains and screwed them together. now being told they have never had such a booster. i need new one because Cleo ( puppy) chewed wires and i have done a temp fix. now waiting on engineer to come out to see if i'm going mad. does anyone know of a booster like this or have one in their house? i can't unplug it because it takes down my tv and broadband if i do

Yes. My external VM cable comes in to the house and straight in to a box in the living room which splits the cable, with one being routed to my second Tivo box in another room. The other cable crosses the living room to behind the TV and in to an adapter/booster with one output going in to the living room Tivo and the other goes across the hall to the study and in to the broadband modem. 

I had a problem a couple of years ago with both the living room Tivo and the modem dropping out every now and then. It turned out that there was a fault in the booster and it was replaced by a VM engineer.

I have seen others post about their own boosters so it is a standard piece of VM technology. Mine was installed because the signal to the modem was not strong enough.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!

All Replies
digger81
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

its ok not going mad friend just sent me this. I have one too mate. It uses the mains to boost the signal as it comes in the house.
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

digger81 wrote:

Yes. My external VM cable comes in to the house and straight in to a box in the living room which splits the cable, with one being routed to my second Tivo box in another room. The other cable crosses the living room to behind the TV and in to an adapter/booster with one output going in to the living room Tivo and the other goes across the hall to the study and in to the broadband modem. 

I had a problem a couple of years ago with both the living room Tivo and the modem dropping out every now and then. It turned out that there was a fault in the booster and it was replaced by a VM engineer.

I have seen others post about their own boosters so it is a standard piece of VM technology. Mine was installed because the signal to the modem was not strong enough.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!