Menu
cb71081
Just joined
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

aadapting tv controller

Does anyone know how to re tune virgin remote so that it can change the inputs on my tv? I want to be able to change between hdmi1 and hdmi2 using the controller. Any help would be much appreciated
0 Kudos
praxis
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: aadapting tv controller

Not sure that could be done as far as I know you can use it for TV but I don't think anything else applies.http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=3959&CURRENT_C...
Check here
0 Kudos
cb71081
Just joined
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It can be done. Virgin installer at my previous house set it up for me. Unfortunately they dont send out installers anymore....
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Officially, TiVO remotes can only control the volume, mute & with some models of TV the standby function.

...Once you’ve set up your TiVo remote to control the volume and mute on your TV, some TVs will support control of the standby function too. To check this, just press and hold standby for more than 5 seconds and then release, and your TV should turn off. Repeat this to turn your TV back on. If this doesn’t work correctly, then you’ll need to use your TV remote to turn your TV on and off....

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=3943&CURRENT_C...

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If the TiVo remote has been set up to control your TV's volume, you may have some control of Source also, dependent on your TV make and model.

Try holding down the Text button on your TiVo remote.

0 Kudos