Menu
jeffdhill
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Youtube buffering

For the first time I'm trying to watch Youtube through the tv and the buffering is extremely slow and makes it unwatchable. Anyone have any advice please? tyia

NtrlBornKlingon
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Youtube buffering

I'll bump this since its over a week old as I'm having the same problem.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there both, 

I would first of all like to welcome you to the forums, And I'm sorry that you are experiencing issues when trying to watch YouTube through your TiVo® boxes

Jeffdhill, I can see that your part of the network is suffering from what is known as utilisation. This will affect apps which use the inbuilt modem in the TiVo® You will notice that during busier times that you may experience this issue. I will pass your fault to our network technicians to investigate further for you. 

NtrlBornKlingon, I can see that your part of the network is also suffering from utilisation, so I will also pass your issue on to the network guys.However I am also seeing some issues with the power levels to your TiVo® which will also cause some problems, so I would like to look into booking a technician to call out and investigate further. I will send you a private message so that we can get the ball rolling with this. Please look to the top left of this page where you will see a red envelope icon, click on this and you will see my message

Many thanks and apologies again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
boomhaueruk
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I also have the same thing. Youtube is buffering to the extent it's completely unwatchable.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi boomhaueruk, 

Thanks for your post and apologies that you are having an issue using You Tube via the TiVo®

We were aware there was a fault for this however this has since been resolved. 

Are you still having an issue? If so please follow the instructions in the latest post on this thread here: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TiVo/Resolved-YouTube-through-TiVo/m-p/2886468#M120105

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
boomhaueruk
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

yes, still awful.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi boomhaueruk, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

I've taken a look at your account and it looks as though there is a little bit of congestion on your line but not quite enough to raise it to the Networks team. 

Are you having the buffering fault at any particular time of the day? 

Have you noticed this happening on other apps such as iPlayer or Netflix?

Let me know.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Pammy88
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Mines always buffers as well and virgon helpline are saying it's not the box it's where it's situated but that's balls considering I'm sitting next to box half the time! My internet connection cuts off completely when I go into my bedroom it's terrible my mother has an up and downstairs I don't im on a level floor and y mother is with sky and her connection doesnt cut off when she goes upstairs!! They then said I will need a "booster" somethibg booster can't member full name for it!! But that's more money that costs 25quid!! Everything is money money money with virgin I'm begginging to notice that!
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Pammy88, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you are also getting buffering when watching YouTube, from your description of your issue, I believe that it's different from the other people on this post, as it sounds like you are discussing YouTube through your broadband connection. This thread is discussing people having issues when watching YouTube through their TiVo®. 

I'd have to ask you to pop a post in our Speed board regarding this, so one of our broad band guys will be able to help you out. Please click here to see our Speed boards

It does sound as if you are connecting wirelessly, do you get the buffering when connecting via an ethernet lead.  This will be asked when discussing this, so may be best to be prepared. 

Thanks and apologies again

Huw 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos