Menu
davidenco
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Your Digital TV will start shortly

Been a VM customer for just 2 days and already our V+ box has stopped working. I Googled this message and found posts dating back to 2010 and beyond.

The box has been working fine since it was installed on Monday. After midnight last night the TV just went off and the message "Your Digital TV will start shortly" appeared. The box cycles up to LD40, hangs, then reboots and repeats the process. I left it several hours but to no avail. So I tried the numerous workarounds on the Internet but again to no avail. Finally I tried switching it off and back on again, which worked, but after a few minutes the same thing happened. Now we have a brick.

Howcome VM has not resolved this problem yet? What do I do to resolve this problem? Do I need a new box?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
davidenco
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Your Digital TV will start shortly

Hi Huw. Thanks for your reply. No need to send someone now as I contacted customer service shortly after posting here and managed to get Homeworks + 300Mbps and an extra TiVo box for only £8 extra a month.

The only thing is they said they would be sending an address label to send back the V+ but I've not received it. Should this have come with the TiVo box or will it come separate?
0 Kudos

All Replies
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there davidenco, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that you've been experiencing some issues with your V+ box. 

The LD40 error message says that your set top box is struggling to get a signal, so this could mean a faulty set top box, or even a faulty connection to the box. 

I've done some testing and can see that your V+ box is still not getting a connection, so I'd like to arrange a technician to call out and investigate further for you. 

I'll send you a private message in order to arrange this, please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon. Click on this and you'll see my message. 

Apologies once again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

davidenco
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Huw. Thanks for your reply. No need to send someone now as I contacted customer service shortly after posting here and managed to get Homeworks + 300Mbps and an extra TiVo box for only £8 extra a month.

The only thing is they said they would be sending an address label to send back the V+ but I've not received it. Should this have come with the TiVo box or will it come separate?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi davidenco

The returns packaging is sent separately to your equipment,  it can take a maximum of 10 days for that to arrive so if it's been that amount of time, let me know and I'll request it for you myselfMan Happy

I hope this helps

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

davidenco
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig. Returns package has it turned up. Could you send me one please? Cheers.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

HI Davidenco

I've filled the form in manually and so you should receive the returns packaging within 7 working days.

If you need any continued experience, you know where to find us.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
davidenco
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Craig, the packaging never arrived.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi davidenco,

Good news! We've very recently changed our process around this so you no longer need to send the V+ box back to us.

Just take it to your Local Recycling Centre instead.

All the best  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos