Menu
Heatherhayes242
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You tube is being a pain

My youtube app is being very slow and freezing alot. It's getting worse.
0 Kudos
av-115
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: You tube is being a pain

If you check your service status on My Virgin Media there is an issue currently where YouTube videos are becoming 'stuck' on the TiVo boxes. Apparently they're working on getting it fixed. Otherwise a very common problem and the main issue is that the TiVo boxes aren't powerful enough to run the YouTube app. The best solution is use it on another device or upgrade to the V6 box.

Having said that, it might be worth ringing up and speaking to faults to see if you have any signal issues as that would make the problem worse. If you do, they'll send an engineer out and that may improve things a little.

Youtube issue.jpg

--------------------------
TV: XL TV + Sky Sports (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heatherhayes242,

Thanks for coming by and welcome to the community. Smiley Happy

I can see you have contacted us since you last posted which is great to see.  I hope you got all the information you need to find out what's happening.  

I can see there is a known issue that's been raised that you were advised about.  There is also something separate I wanted to tell you about as well.

The first issue that you have been told about is specific to YouTube and the reference for this is: F005480860.  We're currently waiting on an update for the estimated fix time for this.

Secondly, there is a separate issue that will impact any apps used via the TiVo®.  The other issue is that there's high demand on the network mainly during peak times.  This has already been raised to our network teams to work on and fix.  The reference for this is: F005027046.  The current estimated fix time for this is: 03 JAN 2018.  There is likely to be some disruption until then.  If by then the issue hasn't been resolved, then please do get back to us and request an update.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience during this time.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
av-115
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wow, that's a lot of problems for one customer. Smiley Very Happy

Heatherhayes242, make sure you get a monthly credit on your account for the over-utilisation issues which wouldn't exist if Virgin hadn't signed up too many people in your area. Also expect the 03 Jan 2018 fix date to be pushed back when the new year comes around.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV + Sky Sports (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited