Menu
Teressa
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You Tube buffering on tv

For the last 3 months You Tube has been buffering badly on my tv whereas previously i have had no problem. This happens at any and all times of day and night. I tend to watch you tube 75% of my tv time as i have alzheimers and cannot easily follow regular tv channels. I would appreciate any help and advice. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: You Tube buffering on tv

Hello Teressa,

Thanks for posting.

I would like to look into this for you but before I do I'll just need to ask a couple of questions.

• What Virgin box is this happening on? TiVo® or V6?
  • Is it happening on any specific videos on YouTube?
  • Are you experiencing buffering while trying to watch On Demand or Netflix?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Teressa
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose. I am so sorry for the late reply.

Its a Tivo box. I mostly watch music videos and concerts and it happens with all of them. Its not so much actual buffering but at approx 10 sec intervals it pauses for a second (if that makes sense) and it makes listening to music a horrid experience. This does not happen if i watch you tube via the internet or phone, just the tv.

I don't watch On Demand or Netflix.

Thank you for your response and once again i am sorry for the delay. i am forgetful of passwords and it takes me ages at times to remember.

Thanks, Teressa

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us about this Teressa,

Sorry to hear about the intermittent YouTube service received via TiVo®. :/

I've had a look into this for you and there does appear to be some signal levels present via the equipment.

I'd like to arrange for one of our engineers to visit and take a look at this for you.

I've sent you a private message so that we can get this booked in. You can locate this by clicking on the envelope icon near the top right corner of the Community page.>>> 

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos