0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Wrong local news

If you are using ITV, make sure you use channel 103 to get Meridian South news & not 113 (ITV HD).

There is no HD output from the Meridian South sub-region studio, so the whole of the Meridian region receives the only HD output that is available, from the Meridian East studios in Kent (along with a sizeable part of eastern England & the south Midlands as well).

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you are using ITV, make sure you use channel 103 to get Meridian South news & not 113 (ITV HD).

There is no HD output from the Meridian South sub-region studio, so the whole of the Meridian region receives the only HD output that is available, from the Meridian East studios in Kent (along with a sizeable part of eastern England & the south Midlands as well).

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Hazelf
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Strangely enough, I tried that last Monday just to see if there was any difference and found that although both channels had the news on, the HD that I have always watched (mainly I might add because my son told me that I should always watch in HD) was the Kent news, and 103 was local. Yippee, after all that time I now watch my local news. 

I must admit I only tried it, because I had been on this forum and thought I would try the other channel.  

0 Kudos