Menu
CyberMan
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Wish list stopped working after FIVE series

I have a wishlist set up for 'SUITS'. It has worked fine for the first FIVE series.  I have just discovered that series SIX is airing (about half way through) but my TiVo has NOT recorded any of it.  What is the point of wish lists if they are going to stop working without notice?!?!?  I have now missed s6-e1/e2/e3/e4.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Wish list stopped working after FIVE series

Hi CyberMan,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've been missing out on Suits. 

Depending on how the wishlist is set up can depend on what it records. 

If I remember rightly there was a break for a few months between episode 10 and the rest of Season 5. (I'm also an avid Suits fan Smiley Very Happy

It's likely if the Broadcaster changed the name slightly, like added New: Suits instead of just Suits it would think it's something else. I would delete the wishlist and re-set it up. Make sure you select to keep old and re-runs so that way it should pick up any of the episodes you've missed. 

It doesn't look as though we currently keep Suits On Demand either so I'm afraid until it re-airs it looks as though you've missed it on this occasion. 

Apologies again. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
CyberMan
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Addition: Have just realised that it also failed to record s5-e11/e12/e13/14/e15/16. Everything after August 2015!!!!
0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Are episodes 1-10 of series 5 still on your TiVo? Wondering if you've got the wishlist set as "Keep at most 10 episodes" and "Keep until I delete", which would cause the behaviour you're seeing I think.

0 Kudos
CyberMan
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No there are no episodes on TiVo. BTW I usually set "Keep until I delete" for my wish list recordings
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi CyberMan,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've been missing out on Suits. 

Depending on how the wishlist is set up can depend on what it records. 

If I remember rightly there was a break for a few months between episode 10 and the rest of Season 5. (I'm also an avid Suits fan Smiley Very Happy

It's likely if the Broadcaster changed the name slightly, like added New: Suits instead of just Suits it would think it's something else. I would delete the wishlist and re-set it up. Make sure you select to keep old and re-runs so that way it should pick up any of the episodes you've missed. 

It doesn't look as though we currently keep Suits On Demand either so I'm afraid until it re-airs it looks as though you've missed it on this occasion. 

Apologies again. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
CyberMan
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Kath_F I did delete it and re-enter it and it appears to be recording S6E4 onwards. Managed to find an alternative source for S5E10-16 and S6E1-3 [ so have caught up already ;o)) ] and means that I can keep WishList on 'New Only'/'All Episodes'/'Keep until I delete' for future series.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello CyberMan,

Glad to hear that this issue has been resolved, any further queries give us a shout and we'll look into it for you.

All the best

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
CyberMan
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It has stopped working again.  It has recorded all the episodes of SUITS up to s6e9 but is NOT showing that it will record s6e10 [entitled 'P.S.L' and airing Sunday after next].  What is going on?   Not much point having a wish list if you have to keep checking up on it and 'correcting/fixing' it's omissions.

Not certain if this is related, maybe TiVo is in process of 'failing', but TiVo is taking a long time to move around the menu these days.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi CyberMan,

Sorry that the Wish List has stopped recording Suits for you. I can appreciate how frustrating this is. 

I've run remote testing to your equipment and can see a problem with the TiVo hard drive. I'll need to arrange an engineer visit for you so we can get this fixed.

I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos