Menu
Superuser
Message 21 of 26 (79 Views)

Re: Will virgin EVER get talking pictures?

frank_gm wrote:
I read elsewhere, a couple of years ago, that Sky were prepared to supply Atlantic to VM but the price they wanted was commercially unrealistic. It was also suggested that this was a ploy by Sky so that they could claim not to be withholding the channel. Who knows the truth, these negotiations are commercially sensitive and therefore private and, without full access to the details, neither you nor I nor anyone not involved can claim to know the full story.

I'm pretty sure that if Sky did sell the channel they'd simply start a new exclusive channel where the next lot of content they purchased would be broadcast, after all when they took over Virgins channels it was on the understanding Virgin would get Sky one their then premium channel and soon after Sky Atlantic was born

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 22 of 26 (73 Views)

dannylau wrote:

frank_gm wrote:
I read elsewhere, a couple of years ago, that Sky were prepared to supply Atlantic to VM but the price they wanted was commercially unrealistic. It was also suggested that this was a ploy by Sky so that they could claim not to be withholding the channel. Who knows the truth, these negotiations are commercially sensitive and therefore private and, without full access to the details, neither you nor I nor anyone not involved can claim to know the full story.

I'm pretty sure that if Sky did sell the channel they'd simply start a new exclusive channel where the next lot of content they purchased would be broadcast, after all when they took over Virgins channels it was on the understanding Virgin would get Sky one their then premium channel and soon after Sky Atlantic was born

I don't disagree with that.

Nice to be able to post again, after their "mistake".
0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 23 of 26 (49 Views)

have you tryed retuning your freeview its on channel 81 on that i know my sony tv picks it up but i don't know if its this In order to receive Talking Pictures TV on Freeview, you will need to be within coverage and be watching on a Freeview HD television or Freeview HD recorder if that rings a bell if you don't have a Freeview HD television or Freeview HD recorder basley you can't get it on freeview

Using VIVID 200 Gamer Optical Fibre, Full House TV, Talk More Anytime

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
Tuning in
Message 24 of 26 (44 Views)

Thank for help, virgin cable only, will mark.
0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 25 of 26 (23 Views)

i looked again my samsung tv has this channel it can be due to signal and thats not Freeview HD television and virgin media can take it on i know its on freesat so it will be with sky too or you need to get a boster to get it on freeview or better high gain outside aerial don't use then inside aerials you do get less channels with them i have a oustide aerial with a twin box outside with no boster too two tvs i know i am due for a new aerial soon it is good back up if virgin media turn off the signals

ps its up to virgin media to have the channel or not its not up to Talking Pictures to provide it too them so basely blame virgin media not to take it on. and this is the true saying take it to virgin media not to ceo of Talking Pictures. e-mail the ceo of virgin media to get a answer on this google for the e-mail adresse of virgin media you will get a answer via ceo office of virgin media not the CS of virgin media

Using VIVID 200 Gamer Optical Fibre, Full House TV, Talk More Anytime

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
Community elder
Message 26 of 26 (11 Views)

DavidJWalker wrote:
i looked again my samsung tv has this channel it can be due to signal and thats not Freeview HD television and virgin media can take it on i know its on freesat so it will be with sky too or you need to get a boster to get it on freeview or better high gain outside aerial don't use then inside aerials you do get less channels with them i have a oustide aerial with a twin box outside with no boster too two tvs i know i am due for a new aerial soon it is good back up if virgin media turn off the signals

ps its up to virgin media to have the channel or not its not up to Talking Pictures to provide it too them so basely blame virgin media not to take it on. and this is the true saying take it to virgin media not to ceo of Talking Pictures. e-mail the ceo of virgin media to get a answer on this google for the e-mail adresse of virgin media you will get a answer via ceo office of virgin media not the CS of virgin media

What a load of drivel. Have you taken the trouble to read the previous discussion on this topic?

Nice to be able to post again, after their "mistake".
0 Kudos