Menu
Superuser
Superuser
Message 21 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Re: Will virgin EVER get talking pictures?

frank_gm wrote:
I read elsewhere, a couple of years ago, that Sky were prepared to supply Atlantic to VM but the price they wanted was commercially unrealistic. It was also suggested that this was a ploy by Sky so that they could claim not to be withholding the channel. Who knows the truth, these negotiations are commercially sensitive and therefore private and, without full access to the details, neither you nor I nor anyone not involved can claim to know the full story.

I'm pretty sure that if Sky did sell the channel they'd simply start a new exclusive channel where the next lot of content they purchased would be broadcast, after all when they took over Virgins channels it was on the understanding Virgin would get Sky one their then premium channel and soon after Sky Atlantic was born

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 22 of 46
Flag for a moderator

dannylau wrote:

frank_gm wrote:
I read elsewhere, a couple of years ago, that Sky were prepared to supply Atlantic to VM but the price they wanted was commercially unrealistic. It was also suggested that this was a ploy by Sky so that they could claim not to be withholding the channel. Who knows the truth, these negotiations are commercially sensitive and therefore private and, without full access to the details, neither you nor I nor anyone not involved can claim to know the full story.

I'm pretty sure that if Sky did sell the channel they'd simply start a new exclusive channel where the next lot of content they purchased would be broadcast, after all when they took over Virgins channels it was on the understanding Virgin would get Sky one their then premium channel and soon after Sky Atlantic was born

I don't disagree with that.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 23 of 46
Flag for a moderator

have you tryed retuning your freeview its on channel 81 on that i know my sony tv picks it up but i don't know if its this In order to receive Talking Pictures TV on Freeview, you will need to be within coverage and be watching on a Freeview HD television or Freeview HD recorder if that rings a bell if you don't have a Freeview HD television or Freeview HD recorder basley you can't get it on freeview

Using VIVID 200 Gamer Optical Fibre, Full House TV, Talk More Anytime

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
N4284636
Tuning in
Message 24 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Thank for help, virgin cable only, will mark.
0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 25 of 46
Flag for a moderator

i looked again my samsung tv has this channel it can be due to signal and thats not Freeview HD television and virgin media can take it on i know its on freesat so it will be with sky too or you need to get a boster to get it on freeview or better high gain outside aerial don't use then inside aerials you do get less channels with them i have a oustide aerial with a twin box outside with no boster too two tvs i know i am due for a new aerial soon it is good back up if virgin media turn off the signals

ps its up to virgin media to have the channel or not its not up to Talking Pictures to provide it too them so basely blame virgin media not to take it on. and this is the true saying take it to virgin media not to ceo of Talking Pictures. e-mail the ceo of virgin media to get a answer on this google for the e-mail adresse of virgin media you will get a answer via ceo office of virgin media not the CS of virgin media

frank_gm
Community elder
Message 26 of 46
Flag for a moderator

DavidJWalker wrote:
i looked again my samsung tv has this channel it can be due to signal and thats not Freeview HD television and virgin media can take it on i know its on freesat so it will be with sky too or you need to get a boster to get it on freeview or better high gain outside aerial don't use then inside aerials you do get less channels with them i have a oustide aerial with a twin box outside with no boster too two tvs i know i am due for a new aerial soon it is good back up if virgin media turn off the signals

ps its up to virgin media to have the channel or not its not up to Talking Pictures to provide it too them so basely blame virgin media not to take it on. and this is the true saying take it to virgin media not to ceo of Talking Pictures. e-mail the ceo of virgin media to get a answer on this google for the e-mail adresse of virgin media you will get a answer via ceo office of virgin media not the CS of virgin media

What a load of drivel. Have you taken the trouble to read the previous discussion on this topic?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
N4284636
Tuning in
Message 27 of 46
Flag for a moderator

You are not the only one entitled to an opinion Frank!
0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 28 of 46
Flag for a moderator

you know a few channels are not with virgin media
1. Talking Pictures
2. Blaze
3. Front Runner
3. ITV Encore
4. Sky Atlantic

so frank its not a load of drivel and you know CS on the phone will not release anything to you maybe have better luck in ceo office of virgin media and if sky and virgin media don't fight they can have the same channels. virgin media lost a few counts fights with sky in the pass

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 29 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Of course everyone is entitled to an opinion but stating something as a fact is not offering an opinion.

Just because Walker can get this channel on Freeview does not mean that everyone can, as discussed above. If this channel is so popular and there is such a demand for it, should not the channel provider be ensuring that it is available to all Freeview customers, rather than them having to pay out additional money to get a booster or a new aerial?

As for his statement that it is up to VM and not Talking Pictures to ensure that it is available, what does that opinion have to do with the real world of economics? If the station was so popular then VM might be falling over themselves to get it but, seriously, what will it do for VM with regard to adding or keeping customers? That is the reality.

I suspect the same applies to Blaze and Front Runner. I cannot really comment on these as I have never heard of them. What are they and what size of a customer base do they have? As for ITV Encore, popular wisdom is that Sky helped with the start-up costs and so have exclusivity for the moment. Atlantic has been much discussed over the years and again popular wisdom appears to be that Sky seem to be intent on keeping it to themselves. If you have any additional information on any of these channels then let us hear it.

As for the last paragraph re phoning VM Customer Services, why would I want to? I did however phone the MD of Talking Pictures but failed to get a satisfactory response.

¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 30 of 46
Flag for a moderator

BLAZE™ is an entertainment channel which celebrates people who achieve the ... American by nature, but distinctly British by nurture, it raises the flag for real.

Front Runner – the new home of free sports. As the first and only free-to-air dedicated sports channel in the UK, Front Runner leads the way in showcasing the best in action sports from across the globe. We bring you action, lifestyle and documentaries from the worlds of skateboarding, motocross, snowboarding, surfing, mountain biking and much more.

Along with adrenaline-fuelled action from the X Games, there’s also boxing, UCMMA cage fighting, World Tour Poker, comedy and chat.

thats the info i can pull off the internet

0 Kudos