Menu
Community elder
Message 11 of 26 (101 Views)

Re: Will virgin EVER get talking pictures?

N4284636 wrote:
According to T.M. Frank gm is probably a call centre in India, which would explain why we never get a straight answer.
I cannot see how It would not be to T.M.'s intrest to supply virgin, the advertising of the channel alone would be worth it.

I am a call centre in India!  Did you make that up, or worse, did Talking Movies tell you that?

Nice to be able to post again, after their "mistake".
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 12 of 26 (97 Views)

Read the post.if Virgin took more notice of what was written they would not have s many problems and by the way, are you a call centre in India?
0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 13 of 26 (93 Views)

N4284636 wrote:
Read the post.if Virgin took more notice of what was written they would not have s many problems and by the way, are you a call centre in India?

I have read the post. Why would I be a call centre in India?

Have you actually had a read of the introductory information on how this forum works?  This is primarily a customer forum and the vast majority of posts are from other customers. So take a guess.

Tuning in
Message 14 of 26 (85 Views)

If you had read the post you would see that T.M. Suggested you were probably a call centre, and you still haven't denied it plus you say that this is "primarily" a customer blog & you keep ending with," nice to be able to post again after their mistake" and who are these community elders that you and several others claim to be
And I still haven't had a definitive answer to my question.
I also note there is a thumbs up, but unlike most other blogs no thumbs down👎🏻
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 15 of 26 (77 Views)

N4284636 wrote:
If you had read the post you would see that T.M. Suggested you were probably a call centre, and you still haven't denied it plus you say that this is "primarily" a customer blog & you keep ending with," nice to be able to post again after their mistake" and who are these community elders that you and several others claim to be

I'm a phone booth in cricklewood

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 16 of 26 (74 Views)

?????
0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 17 of 26 (69 Views)

N4284636 wrote:

I did read that TM suggested that I was a call centre and it amused me.  Your other points :-

As to the fact that I "haven't denied it" I had assumed by now that you had understood from my explanation above that I am another customer, just like you, just like the vast majority of the posters on here. And, again, if you had taken the trouble to understand how the forums work, then you would know that VM staff MUST identify themselves as such. 

I have posted on here for years, although some VM staff, usually referred to as the Censorship Team, have a habit of stopping me from posting. Happened again quite recently until they announced it had been "their mistake" and so here I am again. 

As regards the "Community Elder" description, don't blame me for that one. Those who manage these forums have decreed that we all must have these idiotic titles. Many of us think that they are ridiculous and, if I recall correctly, it was during a discussion on the stupidity of these titles that the Censorship Team took action which led to my disappearance once again and subsequently an apology for their "mistake".

Does this provide a "definitive answer" to your question?

It looks as if Talking Movies have sent you off on a tangent rather than giving you a straight answer. As I pointed out at the start of this thread the same thing happened to me when I spoke to them.

NB. Danny, can you move over, this phone booth is getting a bit crowded.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 18 of 26 (61 Views)

Thanks for your very enlightening reply, it clears up a lot, however I can only reiterate the fact that T.P. Would be only to happy to supply virgin
What concerns me is that ,if as you say monitors this blog why they haven't intervened with a difinitive answer, it always seems that virgin don't want to be seen, I never had this problem in 14 years with Sky perhaps I should return to them, I only went to virgin for the fibre optics.
0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 19 of 26 (55 Views)

N4284636 wrote:
Thanks for your very enlightening reply, it clears up a lot, however I can only reiterate the fact that T.P. Would be only to happy to supply virgin
What concerns me is that ,if as you say monitors this blog why they haven't intervened with a difinitive answer, it always seems that virgin don't want to be seen, I never had this problem in 14 years with Sky perhaps I should return to them, I only went to virgin for the fibre optics.

You say that TP would be happy to supply Virgin but on what terms. These are commercial arrangements and the agreement must be beneficial to both sides.  My supposition is that TP and VM cannot agree the standard arrangements that apply to all providers, as was explained above.

If TP want to go on the lowest tier then there would be a fee, just as there is a fee on Freeview (where TP appear to have chosen not to supply a service to all Freeview users, possibly due to costs) for example. There are also costs on Satellite. 

Perhaps TP want to go on a higher tier where they would receive a return from the package fee charged to VM customers with that package. The question then becomes do their audience figures justify being part of that package.

I have previously asked these question directly to the CEO of Talking Pictures and did not get a straight answer. It would appear that you did not get a full answer to these questions either. Therefore for them to claim that they are happy to supply VM is not the whole story. I read elsewhere, a couple of years ago, that Sky were prepared to supply Atlantic to VM but the price they wanted was commercially unrealistic. It was also suggested that this was a ploy by Sky so that they could claim not to be withholding the channel. Who knows the truth, these negotiations are commercially sensitive and therefore private and, without full access to the details, neither you nor I nor anyone not involved can claim to know the full story.

What I do know is that if VM were to agree to a deal that was more beneficial to the channel than VM then it is us, the customers, who would end up paying the additional costs. I am not prepared to pay any extra for Talking Pictures, I do so for Sky Movies but that is my choice and you should not have to be liable for any part of that. Any such agreement would also risk the relationship with other providers who might also demand a similar deal.

As to the lack of VM involvement in this discussion, as pointed out above, this is primarily a forum for customer discussion. Anyway, since the negotiations may be ongoing then VM are not likely to discuss the matter on these forums and, to be frank, TP should not be doing so either. If TP have a point to make about how they think VM have handled the discussions then they should issue a detailed Press release to which VM could respond. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 20 of 26 (48 Views)

If you are looking for an official answer from VM staff, it will come in the usual form of a pre-written script thanking you for your interest & informing you that the channel line up is always under review.

Suffice to say that they know no more than you or I, as channel negotiations are confidential & they would not be party to that information. It certainly would not be discussed on a public forum.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile