Menu
N4284636
Tuning in
Message 1 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Will virgin EVER get talking pictures?

i have seen this asked so many times, it's free, Sky have it, so why can't virgin come up with a definitive answer?

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 2 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Re: Will virgin EVER get talking pictures?

N4284636 wrote:

i have seen this asked so many times, it's free, Sky have it, so why can't virgin come up with a definitive answer?

Why don't you ask the CEO of Talking Pictures and, at the same time, ask why her "free" service is not available to all Freeview viewers?

I have asked her personally why Talking Pictures is not on Virgin and did not get a straight answer.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
N4284636
Tuning in
Message 3 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Well that's a different answer than the one I got from talking pictures, they say they are only too willing to supply virgin but you are not interested,Sky doesn't seem to have a problem.perhaps you should ask them for advice,l will e Mail talking pictures now and ask for their response.
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 46
Flag for a moderator

N4284636 wrote:
Well that's a different answer than the one I got from talking pictures, they say they are only too willing to supply virgin but you are not interested,Sky doesn't seem to have a problem.perhaps you should ask them for advice,l will e Mail talking pictures now and ask for their response.

Who is the "you" you refer to above?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
N4284636
Tuning in
Message 5 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Virgin!!!
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 6 of 46
Flag for a moderator

When you send your email why not also ask them why they are not available to all Freeview customers.

¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 46
Flag for a moderator

N4284636 wrote:

You seem to be under the impression that sky get to choose who can beam up to the satellite all sky do is take a small fee for allowing them on their EPG.

Virgin require either a fee (freeview) or to be on a higher tier and be a part of a paid package either way they have to come to an agreement with virgin there is no true freeview on a cable network

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 8 of 46
Flag for a moderator

this can be solved by using your freeview on your tv or a box you have there is a few channels that virgin does not have from freeview i do have this and everyone should have this as a back up or sky EPG channels are not on virgin media honstly this is up to virgin media not talking pictures on why virgin media does not have it

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 9 of 46
Flag for a moderator

DavidJWalker wrote:
this can be solved by using your freeview on your tv or a box you have there is a few channels that virgin does not have from freeview i do have this and everyone should have this as a back up or sky EPG channels are not on virgin media honstly this is up to virgin media not talking pictures on why virgin media does not have it

Wrong on two points.

Firstly, it is not universally available on Freeview. Just because you receive it does not mean everyone can. That is Talking Movies decision.

Secondly, as you are not privy to the negotiations, how do you know that Talking Movies are not prepared to accept Virgin's offer to carry the channel?

Given that TM do not seem prepared to pay the cost of full Freeview coverage, maybe they have the same problem when dealing with VM.

¡No Pasarán!
N4284636
Tuning in
Message 10 of 46
Flag for a moderator

According to T.M. Frank gm is probably a call centre in India, which would explain why we never get a straight answer.
I cannot see how It would not be to T.M.'s intrest to supply virgin, the advertising of the channel alone would be worth it.
0 Kudos