Menu
JudithG
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Will Virgin be getting the new Talking Pictures channel?

I'm wondering if Virgin is likely to get the new Talking Pictures channel? As a fan of vintage films and TV, I'd love to be able to see this new channel, but at the moment it is only available on Sky and Freeview. 

The Freeview line-up in my home area is very limited and I won't be able to see this channel unless Virgin gets it. The same applies for Movies 4 Men and Movie Mix, which are not available on Freeview in my area.

0 Kudos
regentroad5
Dialled in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Will Virgin be getting the new Talking Pictures channel?

http://talkingpicturestv.co.uk/

It looks a very interesting channel for those into vintage stuff.

Unfortunately, I bet it's one of those increasing number of channels you're not able to watch on Virgin.

I'm becoming ever more dissatisfied with the TV service Virgin offer.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

According to their FAQ's, they are already in talks with VM.

http://talkingpicturestv.co.uk/faqs/

PS. If you don't have a Freeview HD set or box, &/or cannot receive the COM 7 HD MUX on Freeview, you wont get this channel on Freeview either.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello JudithG, 

Welcome to the community, and thank you for expressing your interest in this channel. We are always in discussions with channel providers to bring more and more content to our line up. However, at this moment in time we have no further information on "Talking Pictures" or "Movies 4 Men"

Should we come to any carriage agreements with these channels, we will be updating News board with information. Please click here to see our News board

Thanks again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
regentroad5
Dialled in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Huw, although that seems to be the default reply whenever the question of desired new channels appearing on Virgin comes up nowadays.

0 Kudos
JudithG
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for all the replies and the welcome to the community. 

Huw, I did look at the news board but, unless I'm missing something, I can't see information on any new channels added in the past year or so except for sport. Not every Virgin subscriber is a big sport fan! 

Sadly it sounds as if this will be another channel where many of us will be left looking at the listings and wishing we could get it. 

0 Kudos
JudithG
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Nodrogd, thanks for the link to the FAQs - I see they posted this 4 months ago, so it would be good to know if the talks are getting anywhere. Maybe there will be an update.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

JudithG wrote:
Nodrogd, thanks for the link to the FAQs - I see they posted this 4 months ago, so it would be good to know if the talks are getting anywhere. Maybe there will be an update.

Commercially sensitive information, so Virgin wont be telling you (or indeed most of their staff) how its going. Most of the time channels appear before an announcement is even made.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
daleleggett
Just joined
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

some channels on my virgin tv I don't want             Id love to watch talking pictures & not just when im at my mums

0 Kudos