Menu
MichaelBoyes
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Why will I have to pay £3 for a sports channel I do not want or ever watch?

Why is there no opt out available for this 'service' ?  If I wanted to watch sports all the time then subscription channels are available, but they are not compulsory!

This appears to be just a method to generate more income.

Mikey

Tags (2)
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why will I have to pay £3 for a sports channel I do not want or ever watch?

No there is no opt-out, you either have to keep it or downgrade to TV L, as BT have insisted on the existing packaging arrangements for the new channel until the current agreement with VM runs out. If you are under contract, you can downgrade without penalty. Plenty of other people upset with this: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV/3-TV-increase-from-September/td-p/2865932

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
esseepee
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Totally agree.........I am fed up to the back teeth of having football rammed down my throat when I am not in the slightest bit interested. To cap it all Virgin media have the cheek to charge me for it.......even better the letter said they were "giving me a brand new channel", BT Sport  Europe HD.....giving does not incur a charge of £3 where I come from.

Then  today I get through the post a letter telling me the football season is about to start....so what, I think anyone in this country, interested or not knows the season is about to start....what a waste of money.

Options are what I want, not being dictated to.

0 Kudos
NickDavies
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Phone up and get through to retentions.  Be nice and reasonable and you'll get a discount, maybe even less thanyou're paying now.

0 Kudos
mphippen
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have to echo Nick's advice here. Call retention, see them jump. It's pretty rotten that we have to do this, though.

I guess it's a numbers game here - plenty of people won't call, so Virgin will have plenty of people paying for a premium sports channel they don't want, so overall Virgin will be happy enough.
0 Kudos