Menu
alannichols
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Why little or no programmes from the BBC for a week again?

Why little or no BBC programmes on demand for Christmas week? When I rang 150 message that engineers are working on this problem. Why does this happen so often? A good service is being spoilt.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why little or no programmes from the BBC for a week again?

Out of interest, what stopped you recording the content?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
alannichols
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I was away for Christmas and thought that  Virgin would provide the catch up service we pay for.

Regards

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Seems that the BBC have had issues loading things also, which reflect their availability on VM as well.

As you have a recording box, the default option should always be to record content, with catch-up there as a backup should the recordings fail, rather than the inverse.

To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
alannichols
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I am puzzled as to the issues by the BBC as there is no lack of programmes on I-player. The lack of BBC programmes has been noticeable through out 2016.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Which box are you using?

0 Kudos
alannichols
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I am using a Vbox hd which was fitted a few months ago to improve the on demand after I had complained about the level of BBC programmes available. A signal booster was also installed.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If I recall correctly, the V-boxes (HD & +HD) are still reliant on VM to load their catch-up content onto the system, rather than getting it from the BBC.

Though, if the BBC haven't made it available to start with, VM will struggle to meet their end of the bargain.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

For the V boxes the BBC send their programmes into Virgin's On Demand platform. The availability of BBC shows will be based on the original 7 day catch up model and doesn't include any of the iPlayer extras. 

For TiVo and V6 they use the iPlayer app which connects to BBC's direct content store. This allows TiVo and V6 to have the 30 day catch up, iPlayer exclusives and other iPlayer additions.

As with any technology there can be issues with both versions, which may prevent shows becoming available as expected.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own