Menu
Margaret4
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Why is Virgin Media giving me extra sport channels that I don't want but have no choice but to take

Why is Virgin Media giving me extra sport channels that I don't want but have no choice but to take them and pay for them 

0 Kudos
cruising
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why is Virgin Media giving me extra sport channels that I don't want but have no choice but to take

We are all being penalised to pay for the absurd money handed to football to secure TV rights.

It is a disgrace not having the choice to take sports channels or leave them.

Only suggestion is to ring customer services...go for the "thinking of leaving" option,,,,tell them exactly what you think and ask if there is any way to give a discount on your account to compensate. They often find strange reasons to suddenly do this if you make your feelings strong enough.  Good Luck!

0 Kudos
baldrick1970
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why is Virgin Media giving me extra sport channels that I don't want but have no choice but to take

Because They like to rip us off, then when We complain about it they offer us a discount on our bill, but take away the customer loyalty discount that We may have had, so our bill goes up to the full price.

Because I complained about the increase, I got told that they took away My customer loyalty discount and put my bill up to the full amount to give Me the £3 sport discount. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

VM has an agreement with BT that includes adding the BT Sports channels to the XL pack. VM had counted on BT not adding more channels within the the initial 3 year period of the agreement (which ends next summer). BT added BT Sport Europe, at considerable extra cost, so either VM had to annoy all the footie fans by not adding the channel at all, or add it & have XL customers pick up the extra cost. Guess which they chose.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
cruising
Superfast
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

VM should have been able to find a more diplomatic way of looking at the price increases.

The blanket increase was blatantly because of the sports channels and  customers rightly became irritated that they had no choice.

Any bundle that a customer opts for contains a considerable amount of absolute rubbish that is never viewed. It is generally accepted that the overall price of a bundle contains these dead channels.

This wasnt the case with the dedicated sports channels and many felt this was unfair. After all, if you dont want Sky Sports or Sky Movies you have the choice of not adding them.

VM would gain some lost goodwill by having a similar choice open to customers.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

cruising wrote:

...This wasnt the case with the dedicated sports channels and many felt this was unfair. After all, if you dont want Sky Sports or Sky Movies you have the choice of not adding them.

VM would gain some lost goodwill by having a similar choice open to customers....

No doubt they will do so when the current deal with BT ends. Until then, we are stuck with the current situation.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos