Menu
cosar56
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Why is Tivo box so slow

Terrible operating box, should have stayed with Sky. Can't wait for end of contract.
Nickboyyy1
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why is Tivo box so slow

You can clear out the logs on the Tivo to improve its speed and performance by going to home, help and setting, clear or reset tivo and selecting clear thumb ratings and suggestions. It will then ask you for your 4 digit pin and to enter thumbs down 3 times followed by the last channel button. This should inturn improve the overall performance of the box. Hope this helps Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi cosar56,

Thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you're having trouble with your TiVo®.

Nickboyyy1 is absolutely right, clearing ratings and suggestions will help speed up the box. As well as this, you can clear unnecessary background data on the box too.

To do this, just go to the Home screen and on the remote control press Thumbs Down, Thumbs Up, Play, Play. you'll hear a 'ping' noise and the screen will go blank for a few seconds. once the screen comes back, you should notice the box speed up.

All the best! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Seriously, why can't you be honest and tell customers that this is, at best,  just a temporary fix.

I would describe your post more accurately but I have been warned that honesty is not acceptable to VM.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I agree, @frank_gm. The suggestions for improving the response of TiVo are not even worth bothering with.

This performance issue is variable and unpredictable. Sometimes performance is acceptable and at other times is simply awful.

Even a patient soul, like myself, is getting impatient for some sort of acceptable update and timescale for the issue to be resolved.

0 Kudos