Menu
Weebully
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Why has Virgin Media changed all my channels and then increased my bill AGAIN

Have just got in and found that Virgin Media have changed loads of my channels then surprise surprise they have increased my monthly bill again. I am absolutely ragin

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why has Virgin Media changed all my channels and then increased my bill AGAIN

Hello Weebully, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

I'm so sorry to hear how frustrated you are by the recent changes to the TV channels, it was never our intention to cause any inconvenience. We've done this in an attempt to bring order to our channels, but I completely understand that it's irritating. 

Please accept our apologies and if there is anything else we can help with, please just ask. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, 

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
ASHMARK
Up to speed
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why has Virgin Media changed all my channels and then increased my bill AGAIN

0 Kudos
DaveGlassboy
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Why? Because they can, that's why. There's no excuse or reason for messing about with the channel numbers but they constantly do it.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Not strictly true. Wholsale shunting of channels only takes place every few years (& thiis happens in all platforms) when certain areas of the EPG get overcrowded. Also platforms are going through the process of swapping SD & HD channels, which most customers have been asking for.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
DaveGlassboy
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Why on earth would people be asking to swap the HD & SD channels around? Everyone knew where they were before and swapping over Sky 1 and Sky 1 HD (for example) seems like a pointless exercise and it's just tinkering for the sake of it.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

DaveGlassboy wrote:

Why on earth would people be asking to swap the HD & SD channels around? Everyone knew where they were before and swapping over Sky 1 and Sky 1 HD (for example) seems like a pointless exercise and it's just tinkering for the sake of it.

I agree that there was no need to swap channels around but there have been plenty of people complaining for some time on various forums about the previous channel placements.

I didn't see the problem myself but some seem to get themselves worked up because the channels were not in the order they wanted.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Cinders
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The list shown is incorrect  eg. Lifetime is no longer ch. 242 it is 274 and there are quite a lot of other incorrect channel numbers

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Cinders wrote:

The list shown is incorrect  eg. Lifetime is no longer ch. 242 it is 274 and there are quite a lot of other incorrect channel numbers

Clear your browser cache out & try again. The June 2015 list used the same link. I had the same problem until I cleared my cache. Now I get the August  2015 list every time.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Cinders
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, worked a treat. Must get into the habit of clearing cache more often
0 Kudos