Menu
johnfairweather
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Why do I have problems in selecting the BT Sports channels on my V+ box?

I believe this is a technical problem, as in in the case of selecting Sky Sports 2, I sometimes get the message that this channel is unattainable - this is because of the frequency of which SS2 is transmitted - it is at the bottom of the channel list - if you go to it slowly, it slowly catches up and is finally displayed.  This happens with all the BT Sports channels, which is rather annoying.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why do I have problems in selecting the BT Sports channels on my V+ box?

Thanks for coming by johnfairweather,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble viewing Sky Sports 2 on your V+ box.  I'll be happy to help check this error out for you.

I have carried out some checks from here, all looks great signal wise.

How long have you been experiencing the issue, is it still happening today?  If the error is still present, let me know and I can help further.

One last question if you don't mind, will the error message give you an error code at the end of the message? 

I look forward to hearing from you.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
johnfairweather
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply.

A number of questions, which I'm not sure if you can answer -

1)  Would upgrading to a new box, from my current one of "V+" solve the problem?

2) Would upgrading to a new box, from my current one of "V+" give me a reduce monthly fee?

3) I have asked, on a number of occasions to VM, for my VM box, on the wall outside my property to be cleaned out and closed, as it is missing the closure key.

4) I get the error message "3203" on Sky Sports 2 and the BT Sports channels and the solution I found, is to go to Channel 601 (BBC News) and slowly go back to the required channel.

5) Today, I did reboot the VM box, by switching off at the mains and taking the plug out , without any luck.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi johnfairweather,

Thanks for getting back to me.  

To answer your questions:

1) If the fault is box specific then in a way yes it would.  This would be an upgrade and not a box swap.  If the box was to be swapped it would be like for like. 

2) There is a possibility it may.  To get a definite answer, you would be best calling out team on 150 Free from any Virgin Landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other line.  

Alternatively you can chat to our online team via Contact Us.

3) I will be happy to arrange for an engineer to call round and sort out the external box for you.  I will send you a private message with further details.  (Look for the envelope icon above)

4) The engineer will be able to take care of this as well for you.  

Just pop over to your private message now and we'll take it form there Smiley Happy

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
johnfairweather
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have replied to your PM.

0 Kudos