Menu
hdd
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Why do I feel that Virgin are ignoring me?

I have had no live TV since Wednesday evening. I contacted Virgin on Thursday & was informed that it was an outside problem & the appropriate team would be dealing with it Friday pm. Friday am, I receive a text saying an engineer is booked for me. I phoned & was informed, yes, they needed to check everything inside. In fairness, they tried to allocate a later visit! But couldn't so I cancelled my Friday pm point meets. The engineer came. He was so helpful & did a full diagnostic analysis, reaching the conclusion that the problem was definitely 'outside' & it would probably be dealt with Saturday. He advised me to phone up Saturday pm if I hadn't heard anything. Yesterday, the 2HD channels that I did have were gone & so was by broadband. I phoned, explained the issues & after finally convincing the poor person on the other end ( I did apologise many times for my rant) that my issue pre-existed the thunderstorm, I was informed that nothing could be done until Monday with an engineer visiting Tuesday. I explained why this wasn't possible. I was then told to hold whilst I was transferred to another department. A few rings & then 'the other person has cleared'! I phoned twice more & didn't even get as far as speaking to someone before getting the wonderful 'the other person.....' 

I have been a customer with Virgin since it started in my area & with the previous incarnations for over 20 years. The service & response over those years has been wonderful & I have recommended Virgin to friends. Now, when I desperately need service, or at least updates, I feel let down.

Always learning!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why do I feel that Virgin are ignoring me?

hiya @hdd it will take a few days for the forum admin to check you area, if you check via -> https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status does it show any faults?
in the mean time you could use the online chat for broadband support via 150 / 0345 454 1111 http://contact.virginmedia.com (using a pc/laptop)
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi hdd,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I sincerely apologise for the loss of service and the lack of support in this matter.

I've managed to locate your account. I can see the notes saying the service should be restored. Can you please confirm someone has visited to fix this for you?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
hdd
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I haven't been ignoring you but so busy with work. The service was eventually restored & I have nothing but praise for the original engineer who visited, then re-visited to solve the problem. Basically, when the problem at the junction box on the street had been fixed, the cable connecting my house had been unplugged & forgotten to be plugged back in. Life eh?
Always learning!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi hdd

Thanks for taking the time to get back to us, we appreciate it.

I'm glad to hear that the issue was resolved, if you need any assistance with your service moving forward, you know where to find us.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos