Menu
teamfloyduk
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Why can't I add Nick Jr to my TV package

Hi,

Why do I have to upgrade to large from M+ purely to get one extra channel? I don't want or need all the other channels. 

Cheers TF

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why can't I add Nick Jr to my TV package

Because like every other provider, there are "tiers" and channels are allocated to a tier depending on how much it costs/earns the provider to carry the channel, how popular it is and how much exclusivity they/the channel creator wants. So certain channels (largely the most popular like sports or movies involve a premium tier.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It is not economically viable to sell channels separately. Advertisers are also more easily attracted by channels being sold in packs.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

teamfloyduk wrote:

Hi,

Why do I have to upgrade to large from M+ purely to get one extra channel? I don't want or need all the other channels. 

Cheers TF

You don't.  Just downgrade to M TV (which saves quite a lot) and get a Now TV box with an entertainment pass.  Even better, you get Sky Atlantic and ITV Encore which aren't on Virgin gratis.  They often have offers ate Tesco, John Lewis etc. for the box + three months for £15 or the pass can be found on eBay for £10 or less.

0 Kudos