Menu
Chrisemo24
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

White lines across tv

Had Virgin TiVo in for about 6 months now and today it's just started with intermittent white lines across the picture . This last before between 10 and 30 seconds . It clears if I press the 'ok' button on remote but returns after a few seconds . It also does it on recorded programmes . It's not the tv itself as it doesn't so it on the xbox or DVD player which are connected to the same tv . Checked all the connextions and they seem ok . It's very annoying
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: White lines across tv

Sounds like a signal issue which would need a tech visit to remedy.

What did the Faults team say when you talked to them?

You'll get an immediate response if you give them a ring on 150 [VM phone] / 0345 454 1111 [non-VM phone] (from 08:00 until midnight, every day), or use the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page to initiate a live chat (from 08:00 until 20:00, Monday to Saturday)

This is primarily a user community forum and while the VM forum team do endeavour to read and, where appropriate, respond to every thread, it can take them from a few days to a couple of weeks to wade through the volume of posts. So for an technical issue, which this seems to be, your best line of inquiry is through the Faults team via the methods above.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: White lines across tv

Hi Chrisemo24,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting on the Forum. I'm sorry that your getting white lines running across you TiVo® picture, as well as on your recordings. Thank you for letting us know that this isn't happening when using your DVD player.

I've been able to run tests to your TiVo® and can see a problem that will be affecting your service, so I'll need to take more information from you to arrange an engineer. I'll pop a private message over to you now for those details, just check the envelope icon at the top right of this screen.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos