Menu
sammydarlo
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Where have all the channels gone?

Is it too much to ask that VM tell customers BEFOREHAND and not leave them to find out themselves that you are moving channels to new numbers???? I tried to turn over to National Geo +1 on 230 odd only to find my Tivo box would not find any channels at all after 207 until 245 and that Nat Geo +1 is no on 267!!! NOT A  WORD NOT A SQUEAK to say any channels were moving they have just been moved- GONE, LEFT WONDERING WHAT THE HELL HAS HAPPENED. WHAT A FARCE THIS COMPANY IS!!!

0 Kudos
epgdevil
Joining in
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Where have all the channels gone?

sammydarlo
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that, must have taken you a while, much appreciated, i'd just like to know why they moved them, what was the point and why didn't they tell the cuastomers?? I expect VM to answer those questions though. Thanks again

0 Kudos
sammydarlo
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Would it have been too much to ask they send an email out to let people know instead of just posting it hidden away on their website?? I got a letter about the Bt Sports price increases but nothing about channel changes.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

All channel number changes have to be in agreement with the owners of the channels concerned. The HD swap on the Sky channels mirrors what has happened on the Sky platform, BT's channels are now grouped as one block, & there is now room to add more entertainment channels in future. The changes are also posted here: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/News/We-ve-made-some-changes-to-our-TV-Guide/m-p/2874684#M207

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

pdfbt40
Up to speed
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

So yet again Virgin Media demonstrate their contempt for their Customers.
No announcements on the FRONT pages of the website.
Item 8 on Virgin Media website News Section
Announcement on Community Forum 06:40 on day of change
Website EPG not updated
Printable Programme Guide not updated
No advance announcement messages on TV
Only error message on TV when using old numbers !
No old/new channel number guide.
pdfbt40
0 Kudos
pengedragon
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Slight overreaction possibly?
pdfbt40
Up to speed
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I don't think so.

The basic complaint, a total lack of adequate routine communication with customers, as illustrated by the list of specific points, is a recurring theme for years. 

Unless you've been lurking, perhaps a review of past subjects will help you understand.

pdfbt40
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

The Forum Staff were only told the changes were going ahead yesterday. The Superuser group got the information yesterday afternoon, but were not allowed to pass the info on until this morning.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Apologies for the short notice.

We try to provide as much notice of these changes as possible.

However as well as implementing the changes on our systems, these changes have to be agreed with content providers, which ultimately meant on this occasion we were unable to do so.

Your feedback has been passed on, and we understand the importance of providing this information with as much advance warning as possible.

Best wishes,

James

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide