Menu
L4ur4lou84
Tuning in
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Where has Walking Dead vanished too??

Started watching The Walking Dead not long ago- after seeing it continuously advertised by TiVo!!! Season 4, episode 2 and its vanished. Is this an Aprils fools day prank? Because I'm not laughing!! Why advertise something so often just to remove it after drawing people in? Look forward to watching it, then boom! It's gone? Ridiculous and I'll be cancelling my entire Virgin subscription tomorrow if it's not rectified TONIGHT ... Back to sky plus I go!!! What an absolute waste of time! I have tried to call Virgin but after 4 separate attempts, was unable to speak to a 'real' person. Complete joke.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Where has Walking Dead vanished too??

Was it in on-demand as a box-set? Those generally are only up for a fixed length period before they're pulled. The time it would be removed is listed in the box-set info. My brother who has Sky also deals with similar situations for content from Sky.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

L4ur4lou84 wrote:
It was on demand 'collections'

They'd don't advertise that there is a limited time to view, otherwise I for one wouldn't want to start watching it in the first place.

It's totally ridiculous in my opinion

From what I am aware, some of the collections are on a limited time access. TWD has been added in full a bunch of times there, each time when a new season of it is not long starting soon. For example, they put the full TWD collection up just not long before season 6 started, having it scheduled to be removed shortly after season 6 actually got under way, broadcasting wise.

I guess season 6 is over and season 7 is out soon? (I stopped watching TWD at season 4.)

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Was it in on-demand as a box-set? Those generally are only up for a fixed length period before they're pulled. The time it would be removed is listed in the box-set info. My brother who has Sky also deals with similar situations for content from Sky.

- - - - - -
0 Kudos
L4ur4lou84
Tuning in
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

They'd don't advertise that there is a limited time to view, otherwise I for one wouldn't want to start watching it in the first place.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

L4ur4lou84 wrote:

From what I am aware, some of the collections are on a limited time access. TWD has been added in full a bunch of times there, each time when a new season of it is not long starting soon. For example, they put the full TWD collection up just not long before season 6 started, having it scheduled to be removed shortly after season 6 actually got under way, broadcasting wise.

I guess season 6 is over and season 7 is out soon? (I stopped watching TWD at season 4.)

- - - - - -
L4ur4lou84
Tuning in
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Doesn't look like Virgin have given me much option but to stop at season 4!

Put me off bothering with another box set now!

Calling Virgin tomorrow and more than likely going to cancel my entire subscription with them. Can't do much about the mobile phone contracts but everything else is being cancelled! They throw it down your neck then remove it once you start watching it! Really got my back up!

I'll go back to sky and buy the season 4-6 box set! Thank you for your help!

FU TiVo! Complete load of tosh!
lindzi
Dialled in
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Just a thought, but amazon prime have twd box set. Could you sign up for 30 day free trial and get through season 5 and 6?

Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

And yet again marketing over promise and under deliver.

Across ALL platforms, these "box sets" are available for a limited time.  At least on the subscription platforms (VM,SKY) they are largely the bulk of the seasons. Amazon has a habit of giving you the first season "free" on Prime (which is subscription based) and then charging you for the rest.

Personally I "binge" i.e get a whole season watched  in a day or so when its listed. But I'm lucky in that I have free time to do that. Weekend comes- binge on whatever box set is listed this week....I dont work weekends. A lot of people do.

If instead of "a box set" these temporarily available seasons were billed as a free rental valid for 2 weeks or whatever, everyone would know where they stand. And could make an informed decision as to whether it was worth investing the time to watch.

In fact surely this would work in the service providers interest- provide "season one" as a "time limited free rental", then season two etc- give people a better incentive to keep their subscription active....and those that missed whatever season an additional  paid route to get caught up.

LOL getting a bit off at a tangent but there really should be a realign between what marketing want to sell something as and what it actually IS.

0 Kudos
SohailAhmad
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Ok so I was trying to finish season 4 yesterday, watched it all fine up to episode 14 at around 8pm. Had a belreak and came back to finish Ep15 and 16 at 2am. All episodes seasons 1-5 were gone!
Called support but it was closed. Waited until the morning thinking it may be a glitch but nothing. Tried support again and the lady said it could be related to a server fault F004347941. She said it may take up to 24hours to fix.
So came back later on today at around 3pm and went to check, at first it still showed 1-5 missing, then all of a sudden they appeared, wooo!....
I thought to myaelf, ok cool I'll watch it later. So as I'm sitting on the sofa tying this, 1-5 is missing again...**bleep** VM.....
SlinkyMalinki
Joining in
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

We've just been on the phone to Virgin about this. Although it was somewhat difficult to get the call assistant to understand what we we're going on about, we eventually got a response via Tech Support that they were experiencing issues with some of the programmes (including The Walking Dead) and that these should be back online by 4 pm on 3rd April.

So you might want to check again then. I'm not holding my breath...

SohailAhmad
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info, I couldn't wait that long so I "sourced" the whole of season 5 elsewhere Smiley Wink 3 episodes in....

p.s. apologies for the bad spelling/grammar in my original post, fat fingers to blame...Smiley Frustrated

belreak = break

myaelf = myself

tying = trying

**bleep** = well that was the forum censoring..not me Smiley Mad

0 Kudos