Menu
gerryth
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

When will we Virgin subscribers be able to get Talking Pictures TV ?

Talking Pictures TV sounds like exactly my sort of tele. Why can I not get it on Virgin? Do I have to move to Sky ?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: When will we Virgin subscribers be able to get Talking Pictures TV ?

Just because a channel is free to the customer due not mean its free to the channel owner. There is a cost to them joining each TV platform, so if they decide its too expensive to join VM that is up to them. They are free-to-air on Satellite, so while they have paid a nominal fee for a listing on the Sky EPG, they have little else to do with Sky. They do business with the Satellite operator directly (SES in Belgium). They are in negotiations to be listed on Freesat's EPG at the moment, & are rumoured to be in talks with Virgin.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
DOC56
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

People have been asking for this Channel for over a year. About time you realised what Customer Service is and delivered what has been requested.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

DOC56 wrote:

People have been asking for this Channel for over a year. About time you realised what Customer Service is and delivered what has been requested.

Well I am one customer who has not been asking for it. 

I pay for Pay TV for channels not available on Freeview/Freesat. I don't expect my TV provider to unnecessarily incur extra costs, which will no doubt be passed on to me the customer, to obtain channels that are freely available elsewhere. 

The same applies to the other channels available on Freeview/Freesat which others have complained about, e.g. Spike. If you must watch one of these channels then watch them where they are freely available.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Nice idea, but it is a commercial market, & for the most part all channels that join VM do pay a fee, so it does actually keep VM's & therefore our costs down as opposed to all channels on VM being profit share. It is also advantageous in terms of advertising revenue for adding another 4+ million viewers to a channels "reach".

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

nodrogd wrote:

Nice idea, but it is a commercial market, & for the most part all channels that join VM do pay a fee, so it does actually keep VM's & therefore our costs down as opposed to all channels on VM being profit share. It is also advantageous in terms of advertising revenue for adding another 4+ million viewers to a channels "reach".

That is fair enough but it does suggest that the channel is not prepared to pay the required cost.

Should it decide to do so, and it costs me nothing, then I have no problems with that.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

frank_gm wrote:

I pay for Pay TV for channels not available on Freeview/Freesat. I don't expect my TV provider to unnecessarily incur extra costs, which will no doubt be passed on to me the customer, to obtain channels that are freely available elsewhere. 

The same applies to the other channels available on Freeview/Freesat which others have complained about, e.g. Spike. If you must watch one of these channels then watch them where they are freely available.

There are a few of us who have cable because they can't get a good freeview signal (and don't have a satellite dish).  I have fixed up this issue with regards Freeview after the last price rise, but it isn't always possible.  

scatterkeir
Dialled in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I would LOVE Talking Pictures TV. We live in a flat, the feed from the communal aerial seems to have been cut off by some the installation of cable in the distant past (long before Virgin inherited the infrastructure) and we can't get an adequate signal on an indoor aerial.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi presumably if you live in a flat you are paying a service charge of some sort, therefore the communal arieal comes under that & should be restored by your landlord & or management company. Regards Micky 

0 Kudos