Menu
KWSkink
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

When will sky on demand be sorted?

For several weeks now Sky on demand content has been missing episodes of several programmes from Sky 1 and Sky Living.  I've noticed that today Arrow Ep 3 is available but Ep 1 and 2 were never available.  New episodes of The Flash, Nashville, Chicago Fire and others just are not arriving. There is no explanation or apology just the review dates I see from other postings that keep being pushed back.  Please sort it out as my fees keep increasing but we are receiving less service.

Pugwash1
Tuning in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: When will sky on demand be sorted?

What is really weird is that I have some of those shows you mention on my sky on demand but are missing the following,

Arrow s5 ep 2 (tx 02/11/16),

Arrow s5 ep 3 (tx 09/11/16),

Supergirl s2 ep 3 ( tx 07/11/16).

Greys Anatomy s13 ep 2 (tx 09/11/16).

0 Kudos
amikia
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Landscape Artist of the Year ep5 is missing from Sky Arts (aired Tuesday 12th)

On Demand has been awful this year, I don't watch much TV but every series I've tried to watch has had problems with randomly missing episodes. I've completely given up on it and just watch stuff live (my box is an old model that doesn't do recording). The one time I'm out it screws up again, typical!

Interestingly, I checked the programs the rest of you are missing: compared to the previous poster I have Arrow ep2 in my list. It seems like different customers are seeing completely different stuff, which makes no sense?

0 Kudos
Pugwash1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

amikia wrote:

Interestingly, I checked the programs the rest of you are missing: compared to the previous poster I have Arrow ep2 in my list. It seems like different customers are seeing completely different stuff, which makes no sense.

it seems as if on demand content is uploaded by region rather than nationally. I've got an normal box too. I.e. Not TiVo 

0 Kudos
ribboncontrolle
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have a normal box. I have only got arrow s3 episode 1 . Episodes 2 and 3 are missing.. Also there are no channel 4 or BBC programmes showing in normal catchup since Wednesday.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi KWSkink

Sorry to hear about your difficulties accessing Arrow On Demand. 

I've had a look at our TV here and have been able to locate episode 1 and 2 of Series 5 and have played them successfully. When you search for Arrow on your TiVo what comes up in the search results?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
KWSkink
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for responding.  I am not watching via TiVo.  I have a VHD box which has always worked with on Demand before.  It has been at least three weeks that the on demand service has been very patchy.  The issue seems to be predominately regarding Sky programmes.  It seems that many other posters are having the same issue.  I won't list all the programmes missing as there is too many.

I would like an explanation and some idea if this issue will be sorted.  I don't want to have to buy a TiVo box in order for the on Demand service to be available.

0 Kudos
fredtheted
Up to speed
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm still waiting for the severe lack of HD films on the SkyMovies On Demand service to be resolved. There was a time at the beginning of this year when all of these films were also shown in HD, but they have all disappeared and likely never to return.

Pugwash1
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

KWSkink wrote:

Thank you for responding.  I am not watching via TiVo.  I have a VHD box which has always worked with on Demand before.  It has been at least three weeks that the on demand service has been very patchy.  The issue seems to be predominately regarding Sky programmes.  It seems that many other posters are having the same issue.  I won't list all the programmes missing as there is too many.

I would like an explanation and some idea if this issue will be sorted.  I don't want to have to buy a TiVo box in order for the on Demand service to be available.

I would certainly list the missing programmes. It gives Virgin more of a clue as to what is missing, and let's face it Virgin need all the help they can get at the moment. I've been a virgin customer for nearly 20 years now and I have never know their television service to be so diabolical as it is right now.

0 Kudos