Menu
fastmacuk
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

When will Big Centre TV, the new Midlands channel, be available to me on Virgin Media - Channel 159?

Have been told Big Centre TV has launched on Channel 159 - even after retuning it's not there...

Thanks, David

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: When will Big Centre TV, the new Midlands channel, be available to me on Virgin Media - Chann...

Hi fastmacuk,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy  I'll be happy to help here.

Can you please advise what happens when you go to channel 159?  Do you get any kind of error or 'not subscribed message'?

Let me know and I'll be happy to check further for you.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
fastmacuk
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: When will Big Centre TV, the new Midlands channel, be available to me on Virgin Media - Chann...

Thanks Collette,

When I key in '159' the Tivo box defaults to '101' - BBC1

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The question with this situation always boils down to the location of the network headend that feeds your part of the system. If the headend you are downstream of is in Birmingham itself, you should get the channel. If it is outside, only by a few miles, you wont get it (even if you/your neighbours can get so called "overspill" reception on Freeview). Local TV operators are only licenced to serve their defined target areas.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
fastmacuk
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ah, good point - is Big Centre TV available on Freeview?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Retune your TV & find out. The Transmitters at Sutton Coldfield (restricted power) & Brierley Hill carry the service, which is allocated channel 8 of Freeview. If your aerial is pointed at either of these outputs reception may be possible.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
fastmacuk
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hmmm...that's disappointing, I have an amplified roof aerial pointing to Sutton Coldfield and have retuned my set but Freeview 8 is 'unavailable'.  Ah well, can't say we didn't try. All the very best to you Big Centre TV!

0 Kudos