Menu
compuadd
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

When is FREEVIEW not FREEVIEW

I have broadband, telephone, and MEDIUM size tv.

I have tried to watch channel 292, (travel channel) via the tivo box as this is a freeview channel. The tivo box says that this is a subscription only channel.

Since when have I got to pay to watch FREEVIEW? 

If I switch to the outdoor aerial, I can can watch travel channel on channel 42.

I want to use channel 292 so that I can record. If I check the channel guide, it shows channel 300, music, highlighted which means that I can watch through the tivo box. Again, I have been told that it is not included in my package.

I might as well throw the tivo box in the rubbish bin and purchase a FREEVIEW box.

FRUSTRATED

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: When is FREEVIEW not FREEVIEW

Freeview, as in Freeview DTT, is a commercial operation that carries Public Service channels, & then leases the remaining spectrum to channels that want to buy space on it. These channels get nothing in return from Freeview, because it is free to the viewer. Virgin is a pay platform. Channels can pay as with Freeview to join TV M, or they can, as Travel have, opt for a higher tier & take a cut of the customer subscriptions from that pack.

Perhaps you should contact Travel & ask why they want a return on their outlay for joining Virgin.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile