Menu
mauron
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

When I record movies on sky premier during the day, on my tivo box, there are no subtitles displayed

My TV does not display subtitles on playback, ftrom daytime recordings, on sky movies, but does on evening recordings, does anyone know why? 

Thanks, Ron. W

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: When I record movies on sky premier during the day, on my tivo box, there are no subtitles di...

Hi Ron, 

I'd like to thank you for your post, and say that it is a little strange that daytime recordings from Sky Movies do not show the subtitles when you watch them back.

I'm attempting to replicate this for you on our test box, currently I'm recording a film, so will be checking on this tonight to see if I can view the subtitles. (I've checked this morning and when the movie is playing live the subtitles are playing)

I'd like it if you could answer the following questions. 

What type of Cable TV box are you experiencing this issue on? (TiVo® or V+)

What movies do you experience this issue on?

If possible, have you tried recording the same movie during the evening time?

If so did the movie display the subtitles in the evening showing?

I look forward to hearing further from you. 

Cheers

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: When I record movies on sky premier during the day, on my tivo box, there are no subtitles di...

Hi there Ron, 

Just checking to see if you were able to get the answers to the questions I asked the other day. 

I've purposely recorded some movies over the last couple of days, both in the day time and evening times, and have run testing on these, and had subtitles on both, so it could well be that the movies that you'd recorded in the day time had no subtitles available. 

Please let me know how things go with you on this. 

Many thanks.

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
mauron
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Huw,

I have a Tivo Box and have noticed this happening in the past, on occasion.

The latest incident occurred when I tried to record the film Sniper, it was only by the third recording attempt that I had subtitles on playback.

It is only a minor problem but as there is so much emphasis on background music and unclear sound recording/actors mumbling it is difficult to understand the speech - getting old I suppose!.  Subtitles make watching (a film, especially) so much easier.

Thanks for the reply.

Regards,

Ron. W.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ron Smiley Happy

Cheers for the reply, Huw's stepped out of the office right now but I'm here to help. 

Thank you for the details here. I'd like to conduct a recording of the film with the word 'Sniper' on our side here to see if the same happens. Just to confirm, I've got a few films with the word 'Sniper' in them, is this the full title or is there more in there?

I'll have some more information back for you soon.

Take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos