Menu
Blackpearl1971
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What kind of work will an engineer need to carry out to upgrade me from V+ to the Big Bang bundle?

I am considering upgrading to the Big Bang bundle, due to the annoying fan noise from a brand new V+ box I had installed last week to replace my old one. 

I was wondering, how much work an engineer would need to carry out to upgrade my equipment. I have also heard that there is a £49 installation fee and a £49 engineer fee. The upgrade information says that there is an installation fee of £49.95, which is confusing.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: What kind of work will an engineer need to carry out to upgrade me from V+ to the Big Bang bundle?

depends what you are on now - but if you have BB - phone and TV now then its may just be box swapping - should not be any cable work to do 

fees are always negotiable - ordering online is generally more tricky as you are ticking boxes and all options on prices may not show

ring retentions - talk through what you want - they will offer the best deal on price they can find - you dont need to stay to a bundle - you can pick and choose and build what YOU want - if its just upgrading you may not need a tech vistit - just install it all yourself

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 'till 8pm - 6pm on saturdays - closed sunday and the plus is its a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: What kind of work will an engineer need to carry out to upgrade me from V+ to the Big Bang bundle?

All V+ boxes installed now are refurbs. The last new ones rolled off the production line 6 years ago. Most of them are ok, but you do get the odd dud one.

If you have all 3 services already installed, I don't see the need for a tech to attend unless you are moving your kit to another location in the house. All VM Superhubs & TiVO/VHD boxes are available as self-install jobbies now, & there would only be a tech sent if there were issues resulting from a self-install not working.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

depends what you are on now - but if you have BB - phone and TV now then its may just be box swapping - should not be any cable work to do 

fees are always negotiable - ordering online is generally more tricky as you are ticking boxes and all options on prices may not show

ring retentions - talk through what you want - they will offer the best deal on price they can find - you dont need to stay to a bundle - you can pick and choose and build what YOU want - if its just upgrading you may not need a tech vistit - just install it all yourself

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 'till 8pm - 6pm on saturdays - closed sunday and the plus is its a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

All V+ boxes installed now are refurbs. The last new ones rolled off the production line 6 years ago. Most of them are ok, but you do get the odd dud one.

If you have all 3 services already installed, I don't see the need for a tech to attend unless you are moving your kit to another location in the house. All VM Superhubs & TiVO/VHD boxes are available as self-install jobbies now, & there would only be a tech sent if there were issues resulting from a self-install not working.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Blackpearl1971
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this. I had heard of the possibility of self install but I couldn't find confirmation anywhere.

0 Kudos
Blackpearl1971
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I had no idea that there are no new V+ boxes. They should tell people that they're all refurbs. I could have saved my self a lot of time and simply upgraded to Tivo. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Blackpearl1971 wrote:

I had no idea that there are no new V+ boxes. They should tell people that they're all refurbs. I could have saved my self a lot of time and simply upgraded to Tivo. Thanks for your help.

Depends if you mind paying £5 more a month on your rental.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

0 Kudos