Menu
philiplawry
Tuning in
Message 1 of 59
Flag for a moderator

We've accidentally given you free Sky Sports HD (KMM26777825V17321L0KM)

Hi everyone, a few months ago we changed our package around to one with included Sky Sports HD. I've committed to 12 months. During the call it was absolutely clear HD was included. Today i received this weird email from VM saying "We've accidentally given you free Sky Sports HD" and taking it back. Anyone else caught up in this? What strategy should i adopt to challenge this. Cheers, Phil.

Capture.JPG

Helpful Answers
HellSauce
Joining in
Message 2 of 59
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: We've accidentally given you free Sky Sports HD (KMM26777825V17321L0KM)

Hi Phil,

I don't know if this is a legit email. Please call VM again and see if they can give you any further information on it, maybe something on their end went wrong and it might need correcting.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 59
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There has been an issue where some customers who weren't paying the additional £7 Sky Sports HD fee have been getting Sky Sports HD channels. This is what has been corrected.

Where customers are offered a deal that include Sky Sports HD for no additional cost, then the fee would still show on the bill and then a credit would be applied to cancel it out. For those customers that have been getting Sky Sports HD in error, then neither of these items would show on the bill.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

All Replies
HellSauce
Joining in
Message 2 of 59
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Phil,

I don't know if this is a legit email. Please call VM again and see if they can give you any further information on it, maybe something on their end went wrong and it might need correcting.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 59
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There has been an issue where some customers who weren't paying the additional £7 Sky Sports HD fee have been getting Sky Sports HD channels. This is what has been corrected.

Where customers are offered a deal that include Sky Sports HD for no additional cost, then the fee would still show on the bill and then a credit would be applied to cancel it out. For those customers that have been getting Sky Sports HD in error, then neither of these items would show on the bill.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
philiplawry
Tuning in
Message 4 of 59
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that, I'll download a bill and have a look.

Could we replay the call too and listen to what the salesperson told me?
lauraantliff
Joining in
Message 5 of 59
Flag for a moderator

Hi,
I too have received this today after clearly asking the sales person several times "does this include Sky HD"
Surely it should be on recorded calls but I cant even find a way to contact Virgin.
Any advice would be grateful, Thanks.
docdav
Joining in
Message 6 of 59
Flag for a moderator

Same problem here.

I was told "HD" was included in the sports offer , otherwise i would have added it .

Mikey_A
Joining in
Message 7 of 59
Flag for a moderator

I also received this message today, about a day and a half after the channels went off air. When I phoned Customer Services yesterday they said they were aware of a problem with accessing the channels but it would be fixed by 9am, much to my surprise when I went to watch the channel earlier it was still off and I had the message in my Tivo box.  I changed my channel package in September last year and I was explicitly told that included in the offer was Sky Sports HD channels. I intend to call customer service again tomorrow and ask to hear the phone call I had with their operator in September last year to hear what was said (I know for certain she said it included SSHD). If they are saying Sky Sports HD should not now have been included then I will be making a complaint that I was mis-sold a service by them. 

0 Kudos
lauraantliff
Joining in
Message 8 of 59
Flag for a moderator

Hi, when you found a number to ring can you share it on here please. The only number yesterday I could find was for sales and it was automated. An email address would be great but I can't find that either. Thank you
0 Kudos
HavencroftKev
Up to speed
Message 9 of 59
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I also got this same email, when I renegotiated my contract it was made absolutely clear by the adviser on the line that Sky Sports HD channels would be included in my package So you can imagine my frustration when I received this email.

Could someone from the forum team investigate this for us?

I hope my call was recorded and can be listened back to prove I was offered Sky Sports HD as part of my package.

CMcC1888
Joining in
Message 10 of 59
Flag for a moderator

We've accidentally given you free Sky Sports HD (KMM26805081V42466L0KM

Yes, I too have received this ludicrous email.

I also thought it was junk mail/spam as I could not believe a company of this size would admit to such an error and then have the audacity to try and impose a new charge whilst threatening to simply switch off the HD channels on January 30th unless I pay an extra £7 per month?

Original call recordings, mis-selling, breach of contract, I intend to explore all avenues as I am not accepting this. 

Hugely disappointing as I have been happy with Virgin's service for the past 5 years, This is reminiscent of the Virgin of old where you had to query your bill nearly every month. 

As ever, no opportunity to email a complaint either, you go around in circles on the web site looking for an email option only to end up back where you started with no option but to ring in, at which point you queue for over 20 minutes. Even their 'Live Chat' is 'busy' so no doubt many others are also facing this price hike.