Menu
Isaiah0944
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

We don't watch football - we are not interested, but we would watch Cricket if it was availble.

I don't know if others feel the same, but we are not interested in football and don't watch it. So we don't want the upgrade to BT Sports or ESPN, unless of course BT Sports will be showing Cricket. So if it is just increased football that is offered - forget it.

Helpful Answers
chalklands
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: We don't watch football - we are not interested, but we would watch Cricket if it was availble.

Totally agree with you! Penalised again because of the obscene money Sky have paid for Premiership TV rights(see my post on this).

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: We don't watch football - we are not interested, but we would watch Cricket if it was availble.

Apart from blaming the wrong organisation for the latest price rise (it's BT not Sky) consider this. Do you honestly think that BT or Sky would offer such tremendous and ever increasing sums for football rights if the punters weren't out there to pay for it all, drive the business forward, and still leave a tidy profit?

Of course, they are and they outnumber by far those who wonder about it all.

This is the result of a free market in TV. Be careful what you wish for.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos

All Replies
chalklands
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Totally agree with you! Penalised again because of the obscene money Sky have paid for Premiership TV rights(see my post on this).

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Apart from blaming the wrong organisation for the latest price rise (it's BT not Sky) consider this. Do you honestly think that BT or Sky would offer such tremendous and ever increasing sums for football rights if the punters weren't out there to pay for it all, drive the business forward, and still leave a tidy profit?

Of course, they are and they outnumber by far those who wonder about it all.

This is the result of a free market in TV. Be careful what you wish for.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos