Menu
praxis
Superfast
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Way too many channel's ?

I often see post's on this forum complaining that VM don't have this or that channel.I have been having a look through the TV guide and to be honest I think it's time some of the channel's available were removed.When you look down the TV guide it is nothing but repeats and most channel's at the week end show the same programme for as much as 12 hour's at a time. Last Sunday Alabi from 10am till 8pm broadcast a show called WPC 59 and in that time they broadcast the same 5 episodes twice each.I have never watched this show so it is not a direct dig at it.But I think it is time companies like VM & Sky either drop some channel's or look at the channels broadcast schedule's.There are time's with the main channel and it's +1 alternative that they can be broadcasting the same series of shows for 24 hours air time between 9am and 10pm
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Way too many channel's ?

Its not a case of dropping channels. The channels BUY transponder space on satellites, & BUY slots on the platforms EPG's. These channels would simply not survive if there wasn't a market for them, as they would not be able the purchase the slots required for people to see the programmes. What platform would in their right mind turn away custom. Also a lot of these channels are owned by media companies, who insist all their channels are treated as a bundle on subscription platforms.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
praxis
Superfast
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I don't dispute for one second what you said was extremely accurate but it still does not justify the amount of repeats these channel broadcast.And while I do believe that there are viewers out there that will be in Hog Heaven with 12 hours of Friend's.A simple observation would be take ITV for example drop ITV4 and the other three take up the spillage
0 Kudos
HairyFacedHuman
Rising star
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I use the +1 channels a lot for series links and when I discover something that has already started on the main channel, I can switch to the +1 to watch from the beginning. Just because you find them useless does not mean that they are not essential to others.

---------------------------------------------------------------
This life hesitates to be enjoyed
Not the slightest prospect of change
Vicious circle
That I'd thought to have escaped
A lasting state of worry prolongs

Mirthless - by - Mirror Of Deception
(from the 2004 album - Foregone)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Its simple. if you don't like a channel then don't tune to it.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I thought this was a forum for technical problems, not for **bleep**ing over programme issues which virgin has no control over, just don't watch them it's very simple.
0 Kudos