Menu
Chloe95
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Water damanged box

Hello yesterday my 2yr old daughter spilled some juice on my virgin media box. Now the box has made my telly all green screen, and keeps going off I have tried to get I contact with virgin but they have been busy.

thanks

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Water damanged box

Hi Chloe,

My immediate advice is not to use it.  Water (orange juice) and electrics do not go well together and it could be a fire hazard, so switch it off at the mains.

If you've given up trying to contact VM direct you can hang around here in the hope that a member of the Forum Team will visit the thread and arrange a replacement box for you.

Alternatively you could try phoning the UK based Retentions Team during normal office hours who can deal with much more than just retentions ... 150 from a VM phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select the prompts  1  >  4  >  5 to 'Thinking of leaving us'.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Chloe95
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou I did try and turn the mains of and let it air dry, it comes on and then there's no sound, I've recently just come onto virgin media aswell as I've been with sky for nearly 3yrs j will take your advice and switch it all off thankyou 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chloe95

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service lately. 

I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take a closer look at this from our end for you, I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page. 

We're looking forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos