Menu
bigglyn
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Watch same thing on 2 boxes

Hi, I have a TiVo in one room and v6 in another. They are connected via power line and can see each other. Question is. Can I watch the same thing ( recording or live TV ) on both boxes simultaneously? So I can pause in one room then resume in the other room. Trying to get recordings to play at exactly the same time is driving me bonkers.

Many thanks.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Watch same thing on 2 boxes

The boxes are independent from the point of view of controlling the output.

You can use the TV Anywhere app to control both boxes via one device. But there isn't an automatic pause one when you watch on another system.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

bigglyn wrote:
Hi, I have a TiVo in one room and v6 in another. They are connected via power line and can see each other. Question is. Can I watch the same thing ( recording or live TV ) on both boxes simultaneously? So I can pause in one room then resume in the other room. Trying to get recordings to play at exactly the same time is driving me bonkers.

Many thanks.

From reading through the various posts I am not absolutely clear what you want to do.

For simultaneous live TV in both rooms, have both boxes set to the same channel. Pause the programme in one room and, in the second room, pause and then press play and rewind to get back the few seconds you might have missed.

For a recording it would be similar, although probably easier if you start the recording in room one first then in room 2 so that by the time you reach room 2 you will probably be at the same point in the recording.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes. I'm pretty sure you can watch two recordings on either box at the same time.

Live TV is a little bit more convoluted as you have to start recording the show in question before you move from one room to another. You can't pick up the live TV buffer on another box.
bigglyn
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If I find the additional TiVo box from myshows and play a recording of a show. Live TV is still playing on the other box. Do I have to manually press play on each box? Because if I pause in one room, it will still be playing upstairs?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The boxes are independent from the point of view of controlling the output.

You can use the TV Anywhere app to control both boxes via one device. But there isn't an automatic pause one when you watch on another system.
bigglyn
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cheers, maybe the next version will have a screen mirroring feature. 👍
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

bigglyn wrote:

Many thanks.

From reading through the various posts I am not absolutely clear what you want to do.

For simultaneous live TV in both rooms, have both boxes set to the same channel. Pause the programme in one room and, in the second room, pause and then press play and rewind to get back the few seconds you might have missed.

For a recording it would be similar, although probably easier if you start the recording in room one first then in room 2 so that by the time you reach room 2 you will probably be at the same point in the recording.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!