Menu
js2007
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Waking Up Message

I have a Samsung V+ HD Box. Since this morning I have been unable to use it, as every time I press a key on the remote I get the "waking up" message on screen. I have restarted the box several times but this hasn't solved it.

Has anyone else out there had this problem recently? Searching on this forum, I found that it has happened before, possibly due to Virgin issuing a software update for this box. One of the solutions given by forum users was to re-format the box, but as this would result in losing all recordings I really don't want to do this, as there are many recordings on it that I haven't yet viewed.

Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated! Thank you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Waking Up Message

Hi js2007,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting this error when using the V+ service.  I can see you have an engineer that has called round since you last posted, I hope all is working ok again for you.

It would be great to know how it all went.  Please keep me posted, I'm here to help if you need me.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
js2007
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It turns out that the hard drive had failed and could not be repaired, so the V+ box was replaced with another one. Unfortunately this one is a lot noisier than my old one so I might need to call an engineer out again.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi js2007,

Thanks for the update, I'm sorry to hear that the new box is being noisy.  I will be happy to help check this out for you.

Is the noise coming from the box itself or the volume of sound?  If it's a vibrating type sound have you tried placing foam cushions under the box to alleviate the noise?

Let me know and I can help further.

Collette Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
js2007
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette,

It's definitely coming from the box. I think it's the fan or hard drive, as it starts when I turn on the box and also sometimes when it is on standby. My old V+ box did a similar thing but it was much quieter, almost inaudible. This one is louder and much more intrusive, especially if watching a quiet programme.

Having looked at some of the previous posts on this forum, it seems that there is a range in quality of available V+ boxes, which are presumably all reconditioned/second-hand ones as they are no longer being made. I will either get it replaced or move on to a TIVO box, which don't appear to have this problem.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update js2007,

I will be happy to arrange for an engineer to call round and sort this out for you.  I will send you a private message with details of arranging an appointment.

Look for the envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

0 Kudos