Menu
F7etch
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

WHY will it take 8 days to sort out my v+ box promised days NO ONE TURNS UP ring again get cut off

joke service promised someone would call on Monday virgin service cancelled said it was a fault in the area i told them it was the box keeps turning off and takes 2 hrs unplugged then it will fire back up.

no problem sir (INDIA CALL AGAIN) we will send someone out on the 22nd 8 days not bad is he flying from India that is earliest we can get an engineer to call '

call English call center promised the world be out Friday sir great any time between 4pm & 7pm great 

friday comes call to check he's coming guess what WAS LIED TO CALL NOT LOGGED well i have the call logged on my phone can i talk to a manager please get cut off.

customer getting a little cheesed off ring again phone bill rising nothing we can do sir Monday is only day

what a JOKE service never been treated so bad by a company 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: WHY will it take 8 days to sort out my v+ box promised days NO ONE TURNS UP ring again get cut off

So basically what you are saying is you were unhappy with the length of time the first, free, appointment with a skilled engineer, so you attempted to circumvent the system and book a second, free, skilled engineer visit earlier and you are surprised when it went south?

And that's the worst customer service you have ever experienced?

Quite probably what happened was when the system saw you had two engineers appointments booked for one issue, one was cancelled..you know to free up the engineers time slots so people can get an appointment quicker???

0 Kudos
F7etch
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: WHY will it take 8 days to sort out my v+ box promised days NO ONE TURNS UP ring again get cut off

PLEASE READ

1 engineer booked 

1 engineer did not turn up

number of phone calls later virgin skilled call center person had cancelled the appoment did on inform me

phoned again told one would call friday (today) no one turned up again

number of calls again told monday 22ndn 8 days later

and now the box has no power light (wont turn on)

if the skilled call center person had sent the skilled engineer on the first appointment instead of canceling it this ummm would be fixed

as for free up time slots would be great if the skilled call center person DID NOT CANCEL APPOINTMENTS stating there was a fault in the area when it is the box that is faulty(and told this) and you dont have to be skilled to know the power light wont come on (not the lead ) box not working

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ahhh sorry, now you have clarified it I think I get it..

Your first engineer visit was cancelled and when you asked why it was because an area fault was reported?

So THEN you booked an engineer again, but THIS appointment did not happen and when you phoned, it was not on the system...

And now you have booked a THIRD appointment and that whole process has taken (3 bookings, 2 engineers not showing up ) will have taken 8 days, if the 3rd engineer shows up?

Have to agree that's not great...

Maybe staff can pick it up and chase for you, make sure 3rd visit goes according to plan...

Its pretty unusual for the UK call center to fob you off, 1st line (off shore) have been known to from time to time, You can check through your online account if you REALLY have an appointment..

https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status

And click where indicated- hope this helps, and apologies for the misunderstanding.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Woopsie, didn't crop my image right.

Follow the link

You'll get the idea..

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: WHY will it take 8 days to sort out my v+ box promised days NO ONE TURNS UP ring again get cu...

Hi F7etch

Welcome to the Virgin Media Community, I'm really sorry to learn about the inconvenience you've been experiencing in trying to get an engineer to visit recently. 

I've not been able to locate your account using your forum information unfortunately, so I can take a closer look at the account from our end, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested details?

You can view the message by clicking the red envelope on the top left of this page.

Sorry again for these issues, I look forward to hearing from you and getting to the bottom of this for you.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos