Menu
firginmediasuck
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virginmedia crooks! - stole my money!

Virgin made me an offer to keep my custom.  The first bill was as expected.  The second bill was more than I was originally paying.  I phoned up several times to have this matter resolved and was offered call back, but that never happened.  

To prevent the extra money coming out of my account, I logged verbal complaint com101224424 advising I did not authorize the extra money coming out of my account.

No further response from virgin media.  The extra money was taken out of my account.  I consider this to be theft.

Can you please give me the money you stole from my account back.. I have cancelled my direct debit so you cannot steal further money from me.  Can you advise which government agency I should report you crooks to? 

If someone called Alex phones you up to try and keep your customer tell him to **** off!

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virginmedia crooks! - stole my money!

cancelling your dd is a bad idea. default of payment will go on your credit record and virgin do chase non payers.

there is no theft. direct debits give a company permission to take money from your bank account on an agreed date and for the monies they have calculated that is due.
0 Kudos
Dimbers
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You can go to your bank and do a direct debit indemnity, the bank will pay the money back into your account and then retrieve the money from virgin. Not something i would do as they could put a black mark on your credit score, but if you want your money back and dont care then go for it.

0 Kudos
Mr_K
Well-informed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Did they send you a contract when you renegotiated ? that should breakdown what was agreed.  If they didn't, dispute it.  Best way is to ring up and cancel rather than cancelling your DD and that should force the issue of what was agreed in your alleged new contract.  As mentioned you can get your bank to reverse a DD if they've taken the wrong amount.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there.

I am sorry to hear that your recent experience with us has not been a good one Smiley Sad

i appreciate you taking the time to get in touch with us on the forums to let us know about this and a warm welcome to the community.

I understand from what you have said that a complaint has been raised and upon checking into this for you I can see the teams did attempt to call you to discuss this on the dates of 26th 27th and 30th January 2017.

Given that they were unable to speak to you using the numbers we have as a point of contact linked on your account they have since sent a letter of reply to you on the 31st outlining how we are looking to support you.

You should receive this letter by next week at the latest.

Please keep in touch if there is anything else we can support you with.

Kind regards.

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos