Menu
Dannyb31
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Virgin v box

Hi, I recently switched from broadband only to having all 3 service again I have a TiVo box downstairs and a v box in the bedroom, I'm on full house package however my vbox is only showing basic free view channels ?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin v box

How recently did you switch, and how long since the V-box was last powered?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Dannyb31
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Last night and tried rebooting numerous times, on the phone i was told it could take 72 hours for the tivo to reconnect, but it came back on whilst still on the phone ?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'd have thought it should have come alive fairly quickly.

No errors on screen at all?

To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Dannyb31
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

not a error as such, when i reboot it says we are just checking your details please follow the instructions pack you recieved with your viewing card, also note there is a heart symbol flashing on the box?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Flashing heart symbol means that the box can't talk to VM's servers, so likely can't get the updates needed to increase the available channel list.

Long shot, but does it do the same if you plugged it into the coax where the TiVo's installed? That might be enough to get the channel pack downloaded and the EPG populated.

You'll likely need a tech visit to look at the signal levels, but it might get you started.

Dannyb31
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Will try this in the morning cheers for advice
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dannyb31,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your posts on the Forum. I'm sorry that you have had a problem getting your service restored onto your HD box. Has this been sorted out for you now?

I've run a test to your equipment and everything looks to be working according to the results. If you are still having a problems, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Dannyb31
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Apologies for late reply, yes this was solved managed to get through on the phone all was sorted in 2mins involving reading my card number out and restarting the box
0 Kudos