Menu
wbresl1
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin v box stuck on 999

Hello

my V box is stuck on 999. I have taken out and put back all the plugs and leads to no avail.  I have pressed standby button on v box several times to restart it but it is still stuck on 999

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin v box stuck on 999

Any messages on the TV screen?

The box switching to the "Welcome to Virgin" channel is sometimes accompanied by a pop-up box giving you instructions to follow. The box will be stuck on 999 until you have done so.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
wbresl1
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I last watched the tv a few nights ago and switched it off using the standby button.  It was still on standby with the red light on.  I tried to watch tv this morning but I couldnt switch on.  I kept getting an error message telling me that there is no signal.  I pressed standby on and off several times and took out most of the leads.  The tv is working ok . I can switch between channels and watch tv but the tv is out of sync with the v box which is completely stuck on 999

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi wbresl1,

A warm welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your VBox isn't working for you.  I'll be happy to help get this sorted for you.

Firstly, I just wanted to pop by and see how things are today?  If the fault is still present, let me know and I can help further.

Keep me posted.

Collette. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
wbresl1
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It is stuck on 932 now

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply wbresl1,

I have carried out some checks with your box remotely, at the moment there is a detectable signal issue that needs taking care of.

I will arrange for an engineer to call round and fix this for you.

I will send you a private message with details of the next steps.  Look for the envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
wbresl1
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Theperson from virgin was supposed to come between 8 and 12 this morning but I have not seem him/her

William Breslin

0 Kudos