Menu
dangie
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin swopping V+ box for TiVo box. Question

Had a phone call yesterday from Virgin offering me a free straight swop for my bedroom V+ box with a TiVo box as he said Virgin were phasing out the V+ box.

TiVo box will be delivered next week by courier. I need to connect it myself. That's ok.

Question is. Will courier take away my V+ box? Reason I'm asking is because wife still has recorded programmes on V+ box which she wants to watch before it goes. Will I be able to hang on to the V+ box until she's done this.

It'll be an unhappy household if she can't.....

arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin swopping V+ box for TiVo box. Question

dangie wrote:

Question is. Will courier take away my V+ box? Reason I'm asking is because wife still has recorded programmes on V+ box which she wants to watch before it goes. Will I be able to hang on to the V+ box until she's done this.

It'll be an unhappy household if she can't.....

I still have my V+ box, but once the TiVo is installed, you can't watch what was on the V+ box.   So even if the box remains, you can't watch the programmes. 

0 Kudos
dangie
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you.

Yes I understand that, but as I've got to install the TiVo box myself, I'll wait until the wife has watched her recordings on the V+ box before I do it. That is as long as I still have the V+ box or the courier has taken it back with him.

0 Kudos
SGray
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Is it true that they are phasing them out?

I had a TIVO box installed today and i also have an additional V+ Box downstairs, the Virgin engineer said very soon Virgin Media will be requesting all the old VHD/V+ Boxes and exchanging them all for TIVO boxes

If this is the case and it is true - What will happen to the cost of the TIVO boxes, or will Virgin "incorporate" that into the price of the monthly rental?

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The engineer is talking mince. Vhds and Samsung v+ boxes can cope with mpeg4
0 Kudos
svetts
Settling in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Had an email from Virgin here is a section of the small print

We are swapping either your SA8310 V+ HD box or Telewest SA8310 TVDrive HD box for a 500GB TiVo® HD ready box for free, to ensure you continue to receive all channels you are subscribed to. If you do not replace your old box with a new TiVo box by 31st December 2016 you will be unable to view HD channels and will lose some functionality on your old box.

So yes they are phasing out older boxes.

0 Kudos