Menu
Rich999x
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Virgin signal is braodcasting as 720x512

Bought a new TV & virgin installed a new Tivo box yesterday. Noticed picture quality is not great & the HDMI input showed it was transmitting at 720x512 & not 1020. I do not use an aerial only virgin so could not check any other source.

Is this a Virgin problem or a Tivo setting that needs to be made ? I cant find any settings on the TV and have tried changing cables & HDMI ports.

I have run a test from the service status page but it appears to be ok. appreciate any advice. I don't think the TV is at fault but need to confirm.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
gooding5
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin signal is braodcasting as 720x512

This may help :

Video Output Format

Your box receives signals in any of five possible formats – 1080i, 1080p, 720p, 576i and 576p.

If you’re using a HDMI cable to connect your box to your TV, the box will automatically set the best video output format for your TV. You can also set the output format for your TV by going to the Video Output Formats screen and selecting Auto Detect.

You might want to experiment with all the different video formats that your TV and the box support. You may find that some formats are better suited to certain shows than others.

The Video Output Formats screen allows you to test and set the video output format manually. Select Test Formats and then follow the on-screen prompts to test which formats your television can display. The supported formats will be automatically selected in the list of available video formats.

Found this here

I work in the VM Swansea Faults Center .All comments are my own.
I do NOT speak for VM.

All Replies
gooding5
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin signal is braodcasting as 720x512

This may help :

Video Output Format

Your box receives signals in any of five possible formats – 1080i, 1080p, 720p, 576i and 576p.

If you’re using a HDMI cable to connect your box to your TV, the box will automatically set the best video output format for your TV. You can also set the output format for your TV by going to the Video Output Formats screen and selecting Auto Detect.

You might want to experiment with all the different video formats that your TV and the box support. You may find that some formats are better suited to certain shows than others.

The Video Output Formats screen allows you to test and set the video output format manually. Select Test Formats and then follow the on-screen prompts to test which formats your television can display. The supported formats will be automatically selected in the list of available video formats.

Found this here

I work in the VM Swansea Faults Center .All comments are my own.
I do NOT speak for VM.